Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crewhawkins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 04:24 PM
    How can I get my puppy to walk outside
    My puppy is almost 8 weeks old. I am getting really frustrated because every time I walk him (which is very often) he just wants to lay in the grass! I repeatedly lift him back to his feet and he will go a few steps and lay back down. Then he comes in the house and goes to the bathroom! He is very active and plays a lot, so I don't think anything is worng with him. He has been to the vet for his first shots and I am taking him back in 2 weeks. I am not sure if he just doesn't like his leash or what! If you have any suggestions please let me know!
    Thank you all for all your help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Some of them are that way. It is good you are working on this now. It will be much tougher to fix in a month. In most cases going out to the end of the leash and coaxing it works. If not, it has never failed to drop back behind it and run past it in baby steps while calling ''Go, go, go!'' in a happy voice.

Getting him moving will solve the bathroom problem. Activity stimulates elimination. They can only hold it so long while walking. Before I take a puppy in a public place, I always walk them around good outside. We had an 8 week old Golden with us all last weekend at a convention. She didn't have any accidents. I miss a lot of boring speeches by having to take the dog out.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Oh, I forgot to hype my sticky, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy won't walk on leash [ 4 Answers ]

My three month old puppy won't walk on a leash, as soon as I hook her leash up she just ducks and stays close to the ground and even tries pulling away sometimes. I if carry her away from the house and put her down with the leash attached she will go back to the house but that is the only time she...

My puppy can't walk probably [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... My small Rottweller can't walk probably, especially after meals totally can't moved, take more rest then walk few steps then take a rest again. Don't know why it is happen?:( :confused:

Puppy won't walk [ 2 Answers ]

We recently found a 5 month old pomeranian on our doorstep, after taking it to the vet to see if it was microchipped we found she had not been. At first she was scared of everyone, shaking and shivering when we got too close but now she is much better and is not afraid of us anymore. But I do have...

Puppy won't walk on a leash [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get a puppy to walk on a leash. He is very scared of it. I have attached it to his collar and let him just walk around with it dragging behind but that hasn't helped his "fear" of the leash. He just won't budge. I have tried to give him treats also to get him to walk. STUBBORN! He...

Puppy doesn' walk on leash! [ 19 Answers ]

I just got an 8week old Great Dane puppy, and I have been taking her out on a regular basis to try to get used to her leash, and she won't walk. She just sits there and won't budge! I have tried treats and encouragement, but she still won't get up or walk. I don't know what to do about it.

View more questions Search