Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anhngu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Should I try to start dating my ex who I broke up with 4 months ago?
    I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got pregnant and we decided to have an abortion. After that, he got his acceptance into a very well-recognized law school. I wanted him to stay even though it was very selfish of me. He left and we decided to do the whole long distance thing. Somehow he changed. He lied to me about having his bf/ex-gf visited him. He didn't really tell anyone from school that I was his girlfriend when I came to visit. Basically, he was treating me very badly, without any respect or consideration. I don't have any concrete evidence that he cheated, only phone records which showed that he talked to a female co-worker every night from 11pm to midnight for a week. I told him to stop and he did. To make a long story short, I gave him chances after chances but he kept messing up by having of close female girlfriends around that made me very uncomfortable. Of course, he eventually told me that these girls all fell in love with him but he had rejected them because he loves me. During our on and off time, I dated another guy and he said that he would do anything to get me back. He said that he sees me as being his wife.

Anyhow, we officially broke up in January. He didn't want to break up and apologized profusely about the way he treated me before. He said that he was "subconsciously looking" because (1) he was sure that my love for him would never change regardless of how he treats me and (2) he thought that when I beg him to stay in Los Angeles that I was so selfish for not letting him pursue his dream.Since then, he is still living far away and I dated another man for three months.

The problem is deep down, I think I might still love this man. But Im not sure if I truly love him or I am in love with the idea of "us". We have to take the Bar in July and I told him that once we finished and he moves back, we can go on a date to see where it stands. Is this a good idea or am I just going to waste the next three months hoping for the impossible? Please help. I'm sorry if this story is so confusing and difficult to understand.
    t1fighter1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anhngu
    I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got pregnant and we decided to have an abortion. After that, he got his acceptance into a very well-recognized law school. I wanted him to stay even though it was very selfish of me. He left and we decided to do the whole long distance thing. Somehow he changed. He lied to me about having his bf/ex-gf visited him. He didn't really tell anyone from school that I was his gf when I came to visit. Basically, he was treating me very badly, without any respect or consideration. I don't have any concrete evidence that he cheated, only phone records which showed that he talked to a female co-worker every night from 11pm to midnight for a week. I told him to stop and he did. To make a long story short, I gave him chances after chances but he kept messing up by having of close female girlfriends around that made me very uncomfortable. Of course, he eventually told me that these girls all fell in love with him but he had rejected them because he loves me. During our on and off time, I dated another guy and he said that he would do anything to get me back. He said that he sees me as being his wife.

Anyhow, we officially broke up in January. He didn't want to break up and apologized profusely about the way he treated me before. He said that he was "subconsciously looking" because (1) he was sure that my love for him would never change regardless of how he treats me and (2) he thought that when I beg him to stay in Los Angeles that I was so selfish for not letting him pursue his dream.Since then, he is still living far away and I dated another man for three months.

The problem is deep down, I think I might still love this man. But Im not sure if I truly love him or I am in love with the idea of "us". We have to take the Bar in July and I told him that once we finished and he moves back, we can go on a date to see where it stands. Is this a good idea or am I just going to waste the next three months hoping for the impossible? Please help. I'm sorry if this story is so confusing and difficult to understand.
    I would have to say. Sit down and talk. Communication is the key to any relationship. Watch closly for body language. In the long un I think if you don't try it again and take it day by day, you will regret it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just had a baby 6 months ago could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 years old I just had my first baby in April and it was a rough pregnancy I found out that I have an autoimmune diease which one is not clear yet we just know I clot easily. Anyhow I developed Preeclampsia in my 9th month of pregnancy and was induced 2 weeks before my due date. My...

IUD inserted 3 months ago and no period [ 7 Answers ]

I had an IUD inserted about 3 months ago and I haven't had a period since. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative THREE TIMES! Can you still take a test and be pregnant but with eptopic pregnancy? If not, then what is it?

My girlfriend and I broke up about a month ago... Still miss her and want her [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been broken up for about a month now, and we're sort of on a break I guess you could say... I'm going to try and be detailed with the explanation of the relationship so that maybe you guys can give me better advice :) I'm sorry if this is long but I want to give as much...

I am 24/m can't get over Ex Girlfriend (of 4 years) just broke up 3-4 weeks ago [ 11 Answers ]

Well this is how it all started. I went to a bar with my friends and she was at the bar I was at. She was talking to one of her x flings and I got all pissed off. So I walked up to her and I was like what the hell are u doing. She was like nothing don't worry about me. Then throguh out the whole...

View more questions Search