Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leah JMW Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Kenmore washer: Noise after spinning
    HI. I have a Kenmore 70 series washing machine that is about 2 years old. (Model # 26752500) It works just fine (fills, agitates, drains, spins) but when the spin cycle is over and the drum stops spinning, it makes a very loud noise. Do any of you have an idea of what the problem could be? Can I keep using it or will using it cause a larger problem? Is it something we can fix here or will we need a repairman? We live way out in the country. Thanks in advance for your help.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

May 2, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Can you describe the noise?

May 3, 2007, 06:11 AM
    I guess I would describe it as a loud clunking noise. It makes this noise at the end of the spin cycle even if the washer has no clothes in it. Once the spin cycle is over and the tub is stopping the noise begins and gets quieter and slower as the tub slows down to a stop.

May 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Experimenting with it, I found that I can spin the inner part of the tub and recreate the sound. When I spin it clockwise, it makes the clunking sound, but not when I spin it counter-clockwise.
    MRSD Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah JMW
    HI. I have a Kenmore 70 series washing machine that is about 2 years old. (Model # 26752500) It works jsut fine (fills, agitates, drains, spins) but when the spin cycle is over and the drum stops spinning, it makes a very loud noise. Do any of you have an idea of what the problem could be? Can I keep using it or will using it cause a larger problem? Is it something we can fix here or will we need a repairman? We live way out in the country. Thanks in advance for your help.
    It sounds as if you have something stuck in the pump, in which case you need to call an engineer. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning [ 2 Answers ]

My washer will run a full cycle with no problem, agitate, rinse, but when it comes to the spin cycle it won't do anything. I've tried to go to spin cycles on different settings, delicate, cotton sturdy, etc. Any ideas?

Kenmore Washer not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra fabric Care Heavy Duty 80 series. Wonderful machine suddenly doesn't spin or empty. It fills, agitates, but doesn't spin or empty on any cycle. I've checked my fuse panel, re-started the washer on different cycles, and none spin and empty. I've opened up a machine, taken apart...

Help with non-spinning Kenmore washer [ 6 Answers ]

My washer is only 5-6 years old but just today it stoppedspinning on any cycle. It does everything else, including aggitate during rinse but once rinsing/aggitating is done it just stops. I tried using spin on each other cycle in hopes that would help, but it didn't work. It doesn't smell...

View more questions Search