Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kohala55 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Fan will not turn on
    I have a old central air conditioner and this year when I clean it and turn it on the fan did not turn on. The fan runs when the air conditioner runs. I know a lot of thing about building but not this could anyone tell me what I am try to do
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Did you hit the blower plug accidentally when you were cleaning it? Is there a wire off one of the screws or the G terminal on your blower?
    kohala55 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
    I did not see a wire off but will check again also do you know where I can get a manual for a Signature central air conditioner that would help so much and thanks for the reply
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

May 1, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Does your thermostat have a fan "ON" switch and if so will the blower come on when you switch it to ON? Does the blower try to start, hum or do anything? Have you checked all your circuit breakers? You could also have a bad blower relay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan won't turn [ 2 Answers ]

The lights work but when the fan is turned on (wall switch or pull chain) the blades just "nudge" and stop, like it is frozen. Any ideas?

AC Blower fan won't turn OFF [ 2 Answers ]

I have my AC fan set to AUTO but it won't ever turn off. I finally had to turn it off from the main fuse box because I was worried it might either burn out or worst. The AC/HEAT is set to OFF. Any ideas about what I should do to make sure it turns off?? Thanks.

Fan doesn't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

CH&A unit is turned on, blower is working, but fan doesn't turn on automatically, l can push the fan blade and it starts working.. what's the problem.

Fan does not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Day & Night furnace. Two years ago, the fan would not turn off. A repairman came out and replaced the circuit board. That fixed the problem (I had a $35 copay on my home warranty, so it was no big deal). The same problem has happened again. Putting the thermostat in the...

Ceiling fan won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions. The fan does not have a wall switch only remote control. We replaced the battery and the red light shows when we push the buttons on the remote, but nothing happens. The other day I went into the room and the fan was on... no one had been in that room for days! Now we can't get...

View more questions Search