Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeldevil05 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Pregnant chihuahua
    My chihuahua is pregnant.well really she's my moms but Ive been watching her. We didn't know that she was pregnant until a couple weeks ago.well Im just wondering if I can give her a flea bath while she's pregnant?
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 30, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Not sure what vet suggests but I personally wouldn't risk it as dogs do a lot of self grooming. By doing this they could ingest the poison. May not be enough to harm the dog but I wouldn't chance it.
    tigerfeather Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Apr 30, 2007, 06:51 PM
    No you can't. Shame for not getting rid of the fleas before the dog got pregnant. And shame for not knowing the dog was pregnant.

Talk to a vet.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 07:29 PM
    What did the books on breeding say about baths while pregnant? It is highly irresponsible to keep an intact female and not learn what it takes to safely produce quality puppies. And what about the father? Why is somebody keeping a intact male without proper supervision? Does you mother care about about the millions of dogs being destroyed in often less than humane ways after a short miserable life?

There are far more effective flea remedies than bathing with a flea shampoo. I checked the Revolution I use with my dogs. As far as I can tell, it is OK for pregnant dogs, but I would check with a vet before giving a pregnant dog any for the remedies. The ones that do heart worm too must come from the vet.
    rebeldevil05 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
    First of all I just want to say that the dog is more my mothers than mine and she was in el paso till the day before I asked this question.she didn't get the fleas until she came here though... she has already had the puppies and they are both healthy(mom and puppies)... so no shame here thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant chihuahua dog [ 2 Answers ]

My chihuahua dog is 8 and 1/2 yrs old and got pregnant by a mimituer poddle. Is she in any risk?

My 5 lb. Chihuahua is pregnant by my Moms 10 lb. Zu [ 3 Answers ]

I think my Chihuahua is in labor and I feel that her puppies are too big for her to have on her own. I can't afford to take her to the vet and I don't want her to die on me . It was a freak accident that she has gotten pregnant in the first place. She has doubled in her weight and she has a...

Chihuahua Not Eating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a three year old chihuahua who seems to occasionally suffer from upset stomaches. Every now and again, he'll eat grass outside, then come in and just lay around on the floor somewhere (rather than play with a toy or curl up on a couch and sleep). When this happens, it'll take a few hours but...

My chihuahua [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can maybe some how help me My chihuahua front paw looks as if its fractured Is there anything I can do to fix it until I can get him to the vet and Does anyone know how much it will cost?? please help me at this sad time

My chihuahua is skinny [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old, very precious, chihuahua named Taz, he is my world.. but I do have a concern though, he seems to be awfully skinny, I mean, you can see the outline of his ribs. I've tried every dog food on the market available to me, from very cheap to very expensive, I don't care what it...

View more questions Search