Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txlady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Peeling paint
    Help... after painting, pulling painters tape off, some paint pulled off with it, how to fix?
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

Apr 30, 2007, 07:00 PM
    You will have to touch up by hand.

Did the tape pull off what was under it or what you just painted next to it? If the tape pulled off the paint under it, that paint might not have cured. You need to wait a bit before taping new paint, I'd say at least a week. Others might know a better estimate.

In terms of fresh paint next to the tape, I've had best success when removing the tape immediately after painting - I mean right away. That keeps the fresh paint from seeping under any part of the tape not completely sealed to the wall and eliminates the risk of pulling up the freshly dried paint film when removing the tape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peeling shower walls [ 1 Answers ]

Can fiberglass shower walls that are peeling be painted or repaired or do I need to replace the unit (its located in the basement of our home) and since my son has moved his room there and the shower has been used more often the peeling is getting worse

Peeling skin, dog [ 5 Answers ]

My dog's skin has begun peeling all over his back. Huge pieces are falling off. It is not red, don't seem to be itchy or sensitive. It's just keep's coming off in huge amounts, doesn't really seem to be dry skin. It does seem to start in circular patches, I am so confused. Any ideas?

Paint peeling from painters tape in new condo? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a condo in 2004 and was told it was painted with Benjamin Moore paint. Recently I decided to liven it up a bit, and so started replacing the "linen" with other more vibrant colors. When I did the downstairs bathroom, I had some issues when using the blue (Scotch 3M) painters...

Cracking and peeling paint... Help! [ 2 Answers ]

We are currently doing up a rental property in return for cheap rent with option to buy. The interior paint is cracked and peeling in many places. The paint that peels off is 1.5 mm thick. What is the best way of preparing the walls for painting? How much should we scrape off? I'm worried that if...

Skin around piercing is peeling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I Don't No If You Can Answer My Question But Im Giving It A Try Anyway. Well I Was Jus Wandering I Jus Got My Bell Button Pierced About Maby A Week Ago And Around It ,it Looks Like My Skin Sometimes Is Pilling .is This Normal? And I Was Wondering What Is The Best Stuff To Use To Clean It? ...

View more questions Search