Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina5589 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I was Adopted at age ten!
    I was adopted at age ten but had been in foster care since I was 4 yrs old> I was just wondering were do I start to find my biological family I'm turing eighteen tommorw and have beeeeen waiting for this chance all of my life!Can anyone help me?:confused:
    stephmgr Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tina5589
    I was adopted at age ten but had been in foster care since i was 4 yrs old> I was just wondering were do i start to find my biological family im turing eighteen tommorw and have beeeeen waiting for this chance all of my life!Can anyone help me?:confused:
    If you know what adoption agency you were involved with, they may help. You should ask the foster family for some help. Be prepared, I was adopted too and I found my birth mother a short time after I turned 18. I am now 26 and I wish I could take it back. I should have left it be. Be prepared and you should probably seek some professional counseling to help cope with feelings that mahy arrise.
    tina5589 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Thanks I consider that!
    Tira68 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4
    -

May 3, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Contact the International Soundex Reunion in Carson City, Nevada. They run a free computer service that makes matches through your birthdate. That's how I found my birthmother and it only took about a month.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 08:45 PM
    May I ask have you talked to your parents about your search, they could have some info on it.
    Also if you don't mind me asking why do you want to find them? Is there something in your life you are missing ?
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 3, 2007, 10:08 PM
    I think if I was adopted I would want to find my birth parents just to meet them, or see them. It would just be a wonder in my mind... good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Marcusstorm Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
    I was in foste care too, can you send me a message so we can talk together more thourouly about this!! I need to know anothers story as to compare the care system to anothers.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. Phil's Ten Relationship Myths [ 5 Answers ]

Ten Relationship Myths Think your relationship is a failure because you and your partner aren't following certain "rules" or meeting certain standards? Dr. Phil blows the whistle on 10 of the most common but dangerous relationship myths. MYTH #1: A GREAT RELATIONSHIP DEPENDS ON A GREAT...

Ten year difference [ 5 Answers ]

Is it safe to date someone ten years younger than you and the person is over twenty-one? What is good and bad about having a relationship this way?

Top ten universities [ 1 Answers ]

Top 10 universities in hospitality in the US?

I am ten days late [ 10 Answers ]

Hi.. I have been off the pill for 2 and a half months now and have been having sex unprotected. I got my period jan 26th as normal but stopped the pill then I got my period again on feb 17th and have not had it since. This would make me 10 days over now.. I have no symptoms at all only slight...

View more questions Search