Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superchemist1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
    How to Join 50 amp cable
    I moved my elecric stove about 8 feet, and need to extend the 50Amp cable (3 conductors + ground, 6 gauge). How do I splice the ends together. Seems the
    6 gauge wire is too thick to use wire nuts.
    BigRed1500 Posts: 70, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Use a connector called a split-bolt to join the 2 sections together. Has to be inside of a junction box and wrapped, because split bolts are not insulated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the cable/wire gauge (product name) for installing 200 Amp Service Entrance [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new service entrance to upgrade my home electrical service to 200 amps. 1 Please tell me what gage wire is required from the meter to the weather-head? The service panel with main breaker is inside the laundry room 25 feet from the outdoor meter loop. I will run the...

Domain join [ 2 Answers ]

How to join domain

How to join two 3-way switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have a balcony with overhead lights between two 3-way switches. I also have another 3-way switch that operates lights to the stairs. Presently there are two switches side-by-side that operate the balcony lights and the stair lights. Question: Is it possible to join theses two switches...

200 amp service cable [ 1 Answers ]

Good moring everyone! Quick question, I'm still in the process of upgrading to 200 amp service. I've purchaced a panel box and the guy I bought it off said he'll give me the service cable with it. The question I'm trying to find out is, the size wire he is giving me going to work 2/0, 4/0, 6/0...

How do I do an Inner join in MySQL? [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone assist?

View more questions Search