Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Some questions about haircolor
    Hi everyone,

I want to bleach my hair and them color it with another color. Can I dye my hair right after I have it bleached or will it be too damaging for my hair?

Another question I have is my mom's hair is a light auburn color. She wants to get a chocolate brown hair color. She tried using light ash brown to counter the redness but it was too light and her hair color did not change. Should she use a dark ash brown color or should she use a golden dark brown color? She wants chocolate brown but not a black color.

Thanks ladies!
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Apr 29, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peachies
    hi everyone,

i want to bleach my hair and them color it with another color. Can I dye my hair right after I have it bleached or will it be too damaging for my hair?

another question i have is my mom's hair is a light auburn color. she wants to get a chocolate brown hair color. she tried using light ash brown to counter the redness but it was too light and her hair color did not change. should she use a dark ash brown color or should she use a golden dark brown color? she wants chocolate brown but not a black color.

thanks ladies!
    I think you should wait and not color your hair right away. Bleaching is damaging to the hair.

Your mother needs to use the dark brown ASH color and not the golden brown.
    Golden brown will keep the red in.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    When you bleach your hair, it will look brassy and unnatural, therefore, you will need to apply the desired color in order to make your hair look natural. This process is known as a "Double Process", bleaching and toning. If you want to bleach your hair, please have it done by a professional.

As for your mother's hair, tell her to choose the dark ash brown hair color. It will neutralize the red tones in her hair and make it a brown shade. I recommend leaving the color mixture on for 10 minutes, then rinse it out with water.
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Thanks girls!

Does anyone know or can recommend a good dark ash brown color/brand? Not a lot of brands offer dark ash brown but they offer medium ash brown.

Will medium ash brown get rid of the red tones as well?
    -

Apr 30, 2007, 06:27 PM
    The ash-base color should neutralize the red tones in your hair. Loreal, Revlon and Clairol offers a medium ash brown hair color.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Apr 30, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Shouldn't she get a green/ash base brown not violet or blue ash base?
    -

Apr 30, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Yes, she will need to get a green-base ash hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haircolor emergency [ 5 Answers ]

I just had my mom dye my hair using garnier 100% color in mahogany brown. This dye was made for naturally dark hair colors, which I figured is the right one for me since my hair's naturally black. My problem is the dye seemed to be concentrated in the crown of my head! Right now, it looks light...

Haircolor mess up [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help me fix my color, I had my hair dyed at fantastic sams about a week ago I had med. Golden brown color put in, now a week later it is really copper color can anyone tell me how to get it back to my natural color of med. Blond, I know ill never get back the color I had but I want as...

At home haircolor [ 3 Answers ]

How often can you color your hair at home?

Too red haircolor! [ 2 Answers ]

I've just dyed my hair with loreal natural match, which promises a variety of tones to suit different users. I used the most cool or ashy shade, but my hair still has red tones in it! What do I do, I hate having any red in my hair!

Haircolor HELP! Please. =( [ 5 Answers ]

I've been bleaching my hair blonde for about two years now, and I recently just dyed my hair this reddish color. But it came out orange. So the next day I dyed it Clairol MoonGold (http://www.bizrate.com/haircare/oid471037194.html) And my hair is a dark reddish, brown color now. I really want my...

View more questions Search