Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wistfullone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
    How Can I Let Go
    I worked with someone for over 4 years. He would call me on the phone or in person every day asking for advice. Recently he left the company for another job. I thought be had actually become friends but I have not heard from him since. Yes we have personal cell#'s. I really miss him, and am having trouble not talking to him. Is it possible I was being used, and was not really as important to him, as he was to me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 04:32 PM
    It is possible you were a work friend and when he left to go to work somewhere else is is making new friends. If your entire relationship was just a call at work, it could be he just had a friend at wlrk, and you may have put more into it than it really was ? Or was there some out of work relastionhip going on also.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Why don't you just call him? You can find out if you two were really good friends or not. That way you'll know whether to let go or not.
    wistfullone Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 05:31 AM
    We are both married and have all socialized together. We were like "work Spouses". I have tried calling him, and the conversation is very brief, or I get his voicemail. I just feel used, and my feelings are hurt.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 06:12 AM
    People come and go through out our lives and some stay longer than others. Appreciate the time you spend and wish them well when they are gone. Life is to short to be stuck on why's and what if's. Get beyond this.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I recently went through a similar situation. Yes it is difficult, but you need to focus on you. This is someone that will always remain in your heart and soul. Remember the good times, and treasure them. Move on and let others into that space
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 29, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Just to add on little on Tal and candykitten... it's truly very hard and I can feel what you're going through and even if say forget about it all and move on... not going to be easy. I am not going to say anything different than what others have already stated but let me tell u, that he did not use you... u shared certain emotions as friends with him and u let him get into that space in your heart... then why term it as being USED?. each one of us uses someone every minute in our relationships... don't we? Tell me if there's any relationship which is selfless... what I am trying to say here is get these used kind of feeling out of your system and treasure the moments that you guys spent together as beautiful memories... 5yrs down the line... u'll look back on it fondly and with reverence...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search