Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuttacoupe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Electric Water Heater
    I have an electric water heater this about 10 yrs old. I have to constantly press the reset button because the heater runs out of Hot Water. When I press the reset button after a while the water becomes almost scalding hot and will eventually turn cold again, which forces me to press the reset button and it happens all over again.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with my water heater.

Thanks
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Bad thermostat. a.k.a. aquastat.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 09:46 PM
    I agree with northernheat, sounds right to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring electric hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

I am converting from gas hot h20 heater to electric, I need a wiring diagram in order to wire the electric heater into the breaker box.

Electric water heater placement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi again. I love this website. I am renovating a very small kitchen, and every inch counts. To maximize cabinet space, I'm putting the electric water heater under the countertop. The kitchen countertop is L shaped, and I'm putting the water heater in the corner, with a cabinet on each side...

Electric hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I have attached and filled tank. I wired heater to plug--grounds attached to proper screws. When I touch the electrical outlet box cover (metal) and copper pipe on the heater, I get shocked. The outlet has space for three wires ( 2 hot and 1 nuetral ) the wires coming to the outlet have 1 hot, 1...

Electric Water Heater [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy all again, here's another question. If you read my previous post about Water Circulator Woes, we're going to move upstairs now. My 20 gal electric water heater is pulling too much power. It's discoloring the electrical faceplate, and it actually burnt through it's power cable. But it...

Electric water heater thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do you troubleshoot a thermostat on an electric water heater to verify if its working or not? Bench testing and testing on unit?

View more questions Search