Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rocpit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Colby, honeybunch and gator lines
    How do I tell if dog has good blood line. Informed that puppies top line is colby and bottom is honeybunch and gator. Have been doing lot of reading but confusing myself. Is this good or bad?
    areyna1205 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 11:42 AM
    The best way to make sure a dog has a good bloodline is to research the dogs parents. If they are registered (of course) if you find a pitbull that is not registered you should really want to see both the mother and father of the dogs. Most pitbulls that have good blood lines can be identified as being big, muscular and having a "good head" on. A "good head" means that it is big, reminding you of a big "bull" head. The bigger and muscular the parents are, a good chance the pup you are going to buy will too.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 02:09 PM
    There is a lot more to choosing a puppy than the appearances of the parents. This is true in any breed. With Pit Bulls, or the actual breeds commonly referred to as Pit Bulls, if you are looking for a pet, you especially want to stay away from lines bred for fighting. You really need to look at health, allergies, I don't think Pit Bulls have the joint problems larger breeds do, and most of all temperament. I once had 2 young Labs. Lola was the best looking of all the 16 1/2 I have had, a very solid yellow color, big square head, heavy frame, tapering tail, and all that. Peggy had an improbable dark reddish tinge to her coat, a small pointy head, long droopy ears, droopy eyes, a small pointy head, and a frame that left her a head taller than Lola at the same lean 70 pounds at a year old. I wondered if somebody snuck some bloodhound blood into their field Lab line. Lola was a failure, shying away from such dangerous things as clothes baskets, and quickly washed out of dog guide school. Peggy only feared missing her next meal, and graduated as a dog guide and likely had a good career.

For more general info on choosing a dog, see Articles Some of the Pit Bull owners here may be able to give more specific info on them.
    gamedog2009 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by areyna1205 View Post
    The best way to make sure a dog has a good bloodline is to research the dogs parents. If they are registered (of course) if you find a pitbull that is not registered you should really want to see both the mother and father of the dogs. Most pitbulls that have good blood lines can be identified as being big, muscular and having a "good head" on. A "good head" means that it is big, reminding you of a big "bull" head. The bigger and muscular the parents are, a good chance the pup you are going to buy will too.
    Big doesn't mean when it comes to these dogs! Buy from a REAL breeder if you want to know some I can point you in the right directions. You should NEVER breed for size or color!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lines on my screen [ 4 Answers ]

It started about two months ago with one line. Currently I have 8 vertical lines in different colors running down the screen of my dell inspiron 9200 laptop. These are very thin line, maybe one pixel wide. Any ideas Anybody?

Vent Lines [ 2 Answers ]

I'm roughing in a bathroom in the basement. How high should the vent line be for the fixtures. (vent line in the wall) :eek:

Air in lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with air when I turn on any water outlet in the home, including when the toilets flush. I am on a submersible pump well system. I just recently purchased the home which was empty for about two years. The air is not all the time, but when it does it, it spurts for 5 sec.- 30 sec. at...

Overhead lines [ 1 Answers ]

Can I run 2- 2/0s & 1- 1/0 on poles to feed a 200 amp load center?

Lines Across TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old (atleast 10 years) RCA television. A few months ago it randomly developed a problem where white lines with a redish pink in between cover the entire screen. The lines are horizontal at a slight angle and go all the way across the screen. This happens spiratically and goes through...

View more questions Search