Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ValHansen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
    How do I recover emails from a closed webmail account?
    I asked virgin.net to close my "pay as you go" webmail account when I switched to their broadband - but didn't realise that in the process this deleted every email I had on that account! They said there is "no way" these emails can be recovered - not even by them. Surely there must be some way though, or some software?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Honestly you are completely stuffed.

If they say that they can't recover them then that's it.

It's one of the disadvantages of using webmail.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I agree with Curlyben. If you want to make sure that your emails are saved in the future, than I would copy and paste them into another program on your computer where you make documents.

We have no guarantee that anything we put on the web is going to be saved. If we save something on our own computers, we at least have a fighting chance that those things will be saved.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
    It may not be that that CAN'T recover them. Its just that they WON'T. They probably have backup tapes for the servers that might be used to temporarily restore your mailboxes. But this is a time consuming and costly process. They have no incentive to do this for a former customer.

Remember, using WEB based e-mail, all your e-mails are stored on THEIR servers. So any attempts to recover anything has to be done to their servers and there is no way they are going to let you do that.

Next time you cancel an e-mail account, ask how to save your e-mail first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? Thank you very much...

How to recover [ 3 Answers ]

How to recover my cancelled Yahoo id or Yahoo email... the email add is [email protected]

Webmail problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. How to get Trash n Sent folder deleted mail in Yahoo and Rediff?

Orange webmail [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having real problems accessing my email account with orange 9/10 times I get the message your browser does not accept cookies I don't have this problem with any of my other email accounts I have tried resetting my cookie browser but the problem just won't go away Please help I'm at my wits...

Extract Email attachments from Webmail [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if there is a tool which can help me extract all email attachments from any webmail and store them locally. Gaurav..

View more questions Search