Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Mar 27, 2005, 12:32 PM
    Jewish Tradition:
    Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse?

HANK :confused:
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 24, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HANK
    Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse?

The giving of the Law on Sinai officially brought Israel into a special relationship with God shared by no other nation on earth. It's because of apreciation for this relationship, this covenant which they feel is still binding that they worship as they do--not because they feel cursed but blessed.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HANK

Traditionally observant Jewish rabbis teach that it's a joy to do mitzvot.

Bobby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I Jewish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Emily, My question is "Am I Jewish "? I have been told that unless my family members that were Jewish,were from my mother's side of our family I couldn't claim my Jewish Roots is this true? I'm very confused, why should it make any difference or does it? :confused:

Origins of Christian anti-Jewish sentiment. [ 25 Answers ]

What were the origins of Christian anti-Jewish sentiment?

View more questions Search