Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelp22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
    About shoplifting
    Hi my sister and I went shopping at JcPenny's. We went in the same dressing room together and while I was trying on clothes she slipped clothing in her bag and my bag. We owere stopped when coming out of the store and the people took us to the back and they told her that she would get papers in the mail with her court date and the police officer gave me my court date. The things that were in my bag were $150 worth and she is a minor. I am 19. When I go to court, she said she would come with me and confess. Will I get off then?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 09:06 AM
    No, not at all, you Knew it was in your bag, you could have and should have said no, also you saw her put it in her bag, so you would have been guilty if you knew she was doing it and did not stop her

Best to work out a deal on this
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 25, 2007, 09:08 AM
    No probably not, and the court is going to look at you like you coerced her in to doing it, (lifting and confessing.) There is no way you can prove that you didn't see her put the stuff in you bag. And she being a minor, just be glad to cop didn't write you a ticket for corruption of a minor. But the good news is that it's not a big deal, they will probably drop the charges if you do some community service and stay out of trouble for a year or so.
    rkennedy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
    You are just as responsible as your sister that placed the items in your bag, with your knowledge. I will tell you that even though you are still at fault it will more then likely help if your sister does admit to placing the items in your bag. You will have a better chance of getting a lighter sentence if she admits to her mistake. Just remember you made a mistake as well and you still need to show remorse in court. Judges and prosecutors like to know people take responsibility for there actions (it should help out).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, So I'm trying to remail calm and composed as I type this... I'm currently at work and cannot leave to deal with this situation until later tonight. So I just heard from my mom that a family member (of legal age) of mine has been arrested (as is in jail) as I type this for shoplifting. For...

Shoplifting [ 21 Answers ]

Please Help Me. I Was Caught By The Security Of The Store, For Thye First Time. They Got Back The Jacket I Stole (200 Dollars), And Called The Security Of The Mall, The Guy Banded Me Of Showing Up In The Mall For A Year. Then They Called For A Police, Police Gave Me A Ticket Of 65 Dollars. Because...

Shoplifting [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Dear, I am 19 years old. I was shoplifting four days ago and I was caught by the security in Zellers. I got a fingerprint date and court date which is next month and I am fined under $5000.00. I am really nervous and don't know what to do, I can't sleep at nights and neither can concentrate...

Shoplifting under $40 [ 7 Answers ]

So I made a wrong decision out of a stupid challenge with a friend and shoplifted 40$ worth o stuff at JC penney in Kansas and got caught when we were exiting the store. I came clean and the police officer came there and gave me a court date to appear next month. I am very scared as to what is...

Shoplifting [ 17 Answers ]

Is it considered shoplifting to consume something that you intend to purchase in a store before actually paying for it (e.g. a can of soda), even if you intend to pay for it all along and in fact do pay for it immediately after consuming it?

View more questions Search