Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd_randhawa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Conceiving after ectopic pregnancy
    Hi... im 25 yrs old n had ectopic pregnancy(ruptured right tube) in mar'06 and a laprotomy(clear blocked left tube)in oct'06... just wanted to know what r my chances of conceiving(my eggs are weak)...
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jd_randhawa
    hi....im 25 yrs old n had ectopic pregnancy(ruptured right tube) in mar'06 and a laprotomy(clear blocked left tube)in oct'06...just wanted to know wot r my chances of conceiving(my eggs are weak)...
    Have you discussed this with your OB/GYN? And even what they tell you isn't always written in stone.
    I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy at the age of 22. I had my left ovary and tube removed at the time. I didn't conceive again and at 33 visited a fertility doctor who suggested a HSG test (hysterosalpingogram). The test is performed by entering the uterus with a catheter and squirting dye into it so see if the fallopian tubes are blocked. My tube was clear but I didn't pursue and fertility treatments. But at the age of 37 I unexpectedly conceived.
    I think I would have conceived much sooner with fertility help but yes, I think you should explore all your options as soon as you are ready to try and conceive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't really know much about Ectopic Pregnancies... However I was treated for Chlamydia about 3 years ago(very long story). Anyhow, I haven't had my period since the 9th of November and have had unprotected sex with my hubby all month. He isn't aware that I have ever been treated for...

Conceiving [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin told me that she heard that if the woman orgasms during intercourse (and so does the man), it makes it easier to get pregnant. Is there any truth to this?

She has had an ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my husband and I live in a very isolated part of Australia. There are a lot of young families here for work - Living away from their families and friends back on the coast. We have become close to another married couple, which has been nice for company and support. On Sunday my friend...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate if someone has got knowledge in the above subject to give me an immediate answer. One of my closest friends went on holidays on 28th March 2006. He stayed with his family for one month. His wife has consulted a gyaenacologist who gave her a contraceptive pill as both of...

Please, ectopic pregnancy? Implantation bleeding? Or period? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a bit early on to ask I suppose, but when it comes to my girlfriend's health I really would rather be safe than sorry. Her period for the past 3 years has been like clockwork, no more than a day off of her last period. We had an excessive amount of PROTECTED sex last month (condom, she is...

View more questions Search