Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    su_NYC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 06:59 PM
    I want my ex boyfriend back
    Hi all

After a very long time I felt that I met the right person; I want to be with. We dated for 4 months. All was well He was just coming out of a relationship. We liked each other very much and cared for each other a lot. One day... he simply stopped taking my calls and a few times that he did, it was brief. I was hurt; trying to figure out what went wrong. I asked, and asked and asked. No answer. It came to a point that I was beginning to harrass him to get an answer as to what went wrong. Then One day.. I get an email saying we are through. I am sorry to break your heart. Here, I was left without an asnwewr as to what went wrong. I was hurt and angry. But.. nevertheless wished him well. I could not bre the thought of losing him. I started calling him at odd hours just with excuses.. simply to hear his voice. A friend of mine, thought of contacting him by pretending to be somenone else and started communicating with him. He found out and was upset.. . I apologized of course. But what a disaster.
    I still want him back. I know he liked me very much too but.. why?? What can I now do to have him back into my life after all the disasters?

Su_NYC
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 07:31 PM
    You want him back, you do not have to "have" him back and most likely he is not coming back, if you are having ( and it sounds like you are) a lot of emotional issues, perhaps you should consider counseling.

He was coming off another relationship, he may have went back to it, or you were the port in the storm to get him over his last, and now he is moving on to someone new.

You did not say why he left , if you ever found out, but it appears that he is gone, and you need to learn to deal with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:05 AM
    You really must recognise he was only with you because he broke up with his ex, and now he feels better he no longer needs you. You had a rebound relationship and now its over. 4 months is not a long time to know someone, but its very obvious you were more emotionally invested than he was. Accept these facts, and move on with your life and do not contact him at all, as this will lead to even more disasters. Sorry for your loss.
    Secret_J Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Apr 25, 2007, 09:18 AM
    You were the rebound. Sorry to sound harsh, but it was true.

Go out and meet other people, do activities, and avoid contact with that person. Eventually you will get over him, and then think back to this day of why you ever wanted him in the first place!
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Apr 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Hey, relationships come and go... take them as part of learning experiences. It's sad to know you're going through this emotional upheaval and no matter how many comforting words u get to hear at this point in time, nothing will work. I suggest u be strong because each one of us has the ability to take control of our lives, just a matter of time that we realize we have this potential to keep ourselves happy. Also I have to tell you that the more u call him, try to get in touch with him, more he will run away from you. I believe in working out relationships and if you really want to work on this one, then just do NOT contact him... he will wonder what's gone wrong with you and call you pretty soon... let us know if that worked for you... till then... BE STRONG AND HAVE FAITH.
    amily Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Hey, I do know what you are coming trough and understand how confusing it may be. My ex did not split up with me because he was on rebound, but he just was not ready for it. I was more involved... and if honest still is, but I have just started to see consular and hopefully very soon I will get over him. Its hard work to get over someone you love, but like someone already said take it as part of your learning experience and concentrate on your future. I fully understand what you are coming trough and I hope soon it will get better :) Just be positive and just think that you are not the only one who has to deal with such emotional break down... we all have been there:) Its life;) Time will make it better, just give it a go and try to move on and don't think about the past... All the best to you:)
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 10:03 PM
    I bet people on this site get sick of hearing that they should ' have councelling' as a first point of call? Talk! Talk to your friends, your family - spend some time talking to people in your life that know you, appreciate who you are and want to help you.

Relationships come and go and breaking up doesn't get easier with each occurrence. Be strong, know that your heart will mend and good things happen to good people - God sends us the wrong ones first so that when the right one comes along we appreciate them even more!

I have had my heart broken many times - each time I didn't know how I would recover or live. I even had panic attacks at some points - but always - always, things got better with time and reflection and now I have a wonderful wonderful man in my life that I cherish.

Remember - No man in worth your tears, and the one that is won't make you cry.
    sand32 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I think since this guy dumped you, that makes him more irresistible to you, it's human nature! Stop calling him before he files a restaining order or something. Try to forget him, and when you think of him, DON'T CALL or email him, eventually you'll let him go, and years from now you'll look back on it and realize what it really was.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 18, 2007, 06:23 PM
    I would like to add here that men who do this, r utterly confused and even if you get him back, u will never be able to trust him again and the relationship will always remain a disaster, so let go of this one... something nice and refreshing might be waiting for you. But next time, remember not to bare your emotions too fast.. right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my ex boyfriend back? [ 31 Answers ]

My ex and I are both 21, we grew up together since the age of 7, our families are good friends, plus before we got together we all used to hang around together, so we have the same friends. We started going out when we were 18, he was more into me at first, and it was brilliant, then something made...

I want my ex boyfriend back... [ 4 Answers ]

I really love my ex boyfriend. Because of my bad attitude, he dump me. I have been not a caring, good girlfriend. But I promise that I will change all my bad attitude. He don't trust me. I loved him for 7 years and we dating for a year. I really need him in my whole life. I Love Him. Help me.

How to get my ex boyfriend back [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I was with my ex-boyfriend for 2 months we got on really well mostly meet the weekends as he worked about 3hrs away and worked long hrs. He is a quite but really nice there isn't too many off them out there. Well he finished with me and I didn't see him for a while after but when I did...

How to get back with my ex boyfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

Well first off me and my ex patrick started going out in 7th grade for 5 mouths...but hemade some wierd jokes and i liked his bestfriend...so we broke up...and me and patricks bff went out for 3 and broke up after that on the last day of 7th grade patrick asked me out and i sayed yes....what an...

How do I get my ex boyfriend back [ 8 Answers ]

I was with him for 3 years and we broke up a year ago. He has a girlfriend now and she's pregnant. When I first heard about it I was heart broken. He still calls me all the time. But lately he hasn't. I know he's having problems with her because I still go to his mothers house because she wants me...

View more questions Search