Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duffyboozebird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Very painful lump behind ear
    I have a big hard very painful lump behind my ear, its been there for 2 weeks and feels lke my skin is bieng stretched to the max it hurts so bad. I also have lumps in my head but the seem to be going no idea if they are all related!
    mandyloo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Could it possibly be a zit? Those are common behind the ear because the area typically doesn't get washed properly. Get a hot wet washcloth and hold it to the lump to try and alleviate the swelling and pain.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Could be the result of an ingrown hair, maybe.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    If you look at the bottom of this page, you will see links to answers of questions that are similar to yours.
    mandyloo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Could be the result of an ingrown hair, maybe.

Yep. Very zit like indeed. Those are the worst. They hurt a lot. I had one when I was 12 or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful lump next to ear on jaw [ 11 Answers ]

This lump is beginning to be painful and is located in front of my ear over the hinge for my left jaw. I have noticed that it extends into the muscles at the back of my throat. Could this be stress related, I lost my husband a month ago and have been going through a terrible time. Any help...

Lump behind my ear... I'm only 15 [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I also have a small lump behind my ear, I noticed it yesterday and it does hurt a bit when I move my ear, what could this be? I have never had me ear pierced or any other problems related to my ear. Any one know what it could be? Should I see my doctor?

Lump behind my ear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've had a lump behind my ear for over a month now, at first I thought it was a spot but it didn't go away and has started to get sore, it's the size of a pea. What should I do :confused:

Lump behind ear [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My husband has a lump behind his left ear. He says it is not sore and just appears to be a soft tissue lump. It does not appear to be attached to the bone. He has had it for about 6 months. Do you think he should see a doctor?

Lump behind ear [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a lump on my head. On the hairless area right behind my ear. It's about the size of a nickel, kind of hard, definitely not attatched to my skull because I can move it around, and it itches from time to time. I've had it for about a year I guess. Any guesses on what it might be?

View more questions Search