Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karolina Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Puffy eyes!
    Hello!

Can someone please shed some light...

I wake up occasionally with one puffy eye, right eye only. Does anyone experience this? I've read a lot of literature on the internet, but most info geared toward both eyes being puffy. It's never the left, and happens once or twice every couple of months.

Thanks!

Karolina
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Do you have any allergies?

Apr 24, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Yes. Sometimes I do, but I didn't think that it would only affect one eye...
    Hmmm?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 09:16 AM
    It is possible. I know mine only affect my right eye, rarely if ever do my allergies affect my left.

Are you taking any meds for your allergies? What are you allergic to and what are your symptoms?

Apr 24, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Hello J9 and thank you for trying to help me!
    I take Reactine sometimes and did so this morning because after waking up with one puffy eye, 2 hours later one hive showed up underneath the eye!

I have psoriasis on my face also, affecting the right side/eye, same as the puffy one. I'm allergic to a lot of things, alder, pollen, various cosmetics, hair products (especially if my hair touches my face), shampoo etc...

Usually when I have an allergy attack, I sneeze and have watery eyes. With this one puffy eye, I don't have those symptoms with it. However, when I have the sneezing, watery eye etc.. I don't have the puffiness.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Do you sleep on that side? Maybe that is why the fluid is collecting there. Dabbing Preparation H around the area will help reduce the puffiness. I'm not kidding!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1.25 In Both Eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I Am -1.25 In Both Eyes. Any Idea On How To Reduce The No. Or Be 0.00 ?

How to contact bill cosby, russell simmons, sean puffy combs and cornell west [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, How do I contact Bill Cosby, Russell Simmons, Sean Puffy Combs and Cornell West I need a way to email them some info about my nonprofit organization.

His eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have a eight year old male shiatzu that has developed a little white spot on the center of his eye. It is very small right in the center of the eye

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

View more questions Search