Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 02:40 AM
    On pill but am I pregnant?
    Ok This might sound very strange and I think I've confused myself over it.
    I am on the Pill but over the past month I missed a pill and took two of them late. I am wondering if I may be preganant I know that its possible that I could be.
    I stopped taking my pill on Saturday for my week long break before I start my next month and there is still no sign of a period.
    However I did have very light bleeding last week before I stopped taking my Pill.

Any ideas or comments would be good. I don't want to take a Test as I don't know if it will show up positive if I am as I am on the pill.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 24, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Well, the bleeding is a sign that you may not be pregnant, but I would take a test- the Pill should not interfere with the test.
    kcoyle Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I was on the pill for 2 years, never missed a day, took it every time at 10am, and I am now 6 months pregnant. It does happen. I wouldn't stress too much, just take a test and go by the outcome
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 24, 2007, 09:07 AM
    I got pregnant off the pill also... it does happen... even when you take it everyday.
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Yes, this is true, and if you stop taking the pill, it messes up your periods too, I stopped it, and didn't have a period for two months, and then thought I was pregnant, but it wasn't, it was the after effects of the pill!
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
    The hormone we look for in a pregnancy test is called HCG, human chorionic gonadotropin, which is produced by a by a developing embryo and placenta. Not estrogen or progesterone which are normally always present whether in pill form or made by our bodies at varying levels every month.

So take the test! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has the pill affected me getting pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and have still had no luck. I came off the pill just before I started trying, could the effect of coming off the pill have anything to do with me not getting pregnant?

On the pill and pregnant? [ 25 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and have been with my partner for almost a year now, we're very clear about our goals and children are a long way off for us. I went on the pill in July 06; I’ve missed a pill here or there but have always used extra protection when it's happened. Around Christmas time everything...

On pill for 9 years, off for 1 year & trying to get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Since I was on the pill for so long, does anyone know if I could have a huge struggle trying to conceive. I would think that all the hormones associated with the pill would be out of my system by now, but we've been trying for a while and have not had any luck and my periods have been very...

I just got off the pill, am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,:) My husband and I recently decided to have a baby. I have been on the Pill for 5 years. I stopped taking the pill just before I got my last period Which was on Nov 7th. And I haven't a period since then, It has almost Been a month since I should have had it. I have taken 2 at...

On birth control pill.. But could I be pregnant.. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm on the birth control pill, and I have been for 4 months now, and most of the time, I take it. If I forget it, I avoid having sex with my boyfriend.. But I missed a pill rcently, and had sex the next day, but my boyfriend didn't ejaculate inside of me.. It's been about 4 days now.. and I...

View more questions Search