Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TRH23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Am I pregnant? I am going crazy!
    I am going crazy! It has now been 2 weeks since I missed my period. I am always regular, ALWAYS! My breasts are siverely sore. I have a 2 year old son. When I was pregnant I had the same symptom. I did not find out I was PG with him until I was two months pregnant. I get bloated and get period like cramps except less painful. I had sex on the 30th of March and now it is April 23rd. That would mean I would most likely be around 3 weeks pregnant. I took a blood test the week I was supposed to have my period and it was negative. They said it could be too soon since I would have only been about a week or so pregnant. I got a urine test done last week at a doctors office. Again, the tests came out negative. She said she is sure I am preganant but it still could be to early. How long do you need to be pregnant for a pregnancy test to show up? Would it still be to early if I am only 3 weeks after conception? Another symptom I am having is my nail growth. My nails are always breaking and now they could not ever be stronger. They are so strong and long and my nails are never like that. I heard that pregnancy strengthens your hair and nails. Also one big one. When I was pregnant with my son I had veins on my breasts. It use to be they were not visible. Now the veins on my breasts are very visible. Am I just going crazy? Someone please help!
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 23, 2007, 10:01 PM
    Usually blood tests are accurate.. even if it's a few days after implantation, HCG is already being produced (but not a high enough level for a urine test to show up positive).. whereas blood test measures ANY HCG that is in your blood.. hence is why they are quite accurate. But apparently there is an certain level it has to reach before they call it a valid pregnancy? I'm sure J9 or someone will correct me if that's wrong. But still, your blood test would have came back with a HCG level regardless if you were pregnant - unless you ovulated late and you have only just conceived within the last week?
    TRH23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 06:25 AM
    This morning I woke up and threw up. That is not like me. And what about the missed period, the nails, the breasts and the veins in the breasts? I am going to get a pregnancy test tonight and take it in the morning.
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 24, 2007, 07:57 AM
    This is still a waiting game- I was 10 weeks before my pregnancy could be medically confirmed even though I KNEW I was pregnant. My first positive HPT was 6 weeks after conception. I know it's hard to wait but mother nature can be very ambiguous at times!
    GOOD Luck!
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
    TRH23 - I hope you get the answer your looking for.. But there is such a thing as a phantom pregnancy!

But then again, you know your body, you've been pregnant before, so I'm sure you'd be intune with your body some what.. but then again, if it's something you've consiously been hoping for...

In regards to the nails and hair.. that's something that happens later on down the track with pregnancy! With twins, I honestly didn't get any 'signs' until I was 8weeks or a bit after - which is when I found out I was pregnant, on this site actually.. but then again I didn't expect it. After 8 weeks, morning sickness was violent all day and all night, my boobs definitely were vainy and very enlarged by 10weeks.. I did notice I also had excessive saliva - might be another tell tale.

I have never had a false negative or a false positive, but they aren't always reliable.. the only really reliable way to tell with no apprehension is a blood test which measures ANY HCG hormone in your blood.. if you are pregnant, you will be producing HCG - even in minute amounts, if your not pregnant or it's an invalid pregnancy.. you won't be producing HCG! But I had a girlfriend who had her doctor told her she was pregnant from a HCG blood test, she experienced all the symptoms including morning sickness and her tummy even started to swell, then at her 13 week scan - there was no baby, just a gestational sac with nothing inside of it.. but the gestational sac was producing HCG and also kept growing without the baby! Bit strange!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I going crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend...

Everything is going so crazy.. What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

OK well I am pose to start my period tomm. Jan 3 but I started tonight.. I have been having a lot of signs of pregnancy but being sick.. but the past couple of days I have just been feeling REALLY sick to my tummy.. but I can't seem to vommitt... my period so far is kind of normal.. besides the...

I'm I crazy [ 7 Answers ]

I feel so down. My mother died 2 years ago at the young age of 56, we were so close. Soon after my aunt died and my grandmother all in the same year.This same year I had a miscarriage. Things started to look better then a 11 year old boy burned down my house in the middle of the night. He was a...

Help! Going crazy! [ 56 Answers ]

undefined Hi. I need someone to talk to because I feel like I'm going crazy! My boyfriend broke up with me 2 days ago and all I want to do is just curl up in a ball and sleep. My eyes are so sore and red from crying that I can't even touch them to wipe my tears away anymore. Anyway, we were...

View more questions Search