Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kozykass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 11:45 AM
    My 8 week pup is acting very weird
    I put our litter of pups (3) for a play.One of them banged her head off the step.She is acting off balance and very tired.She is breathing normal good and warm damp nose.Im worried. This is our very 1st litter of pups.I don't want to over react.Some times I get acuzed.of that.
    Thanks for your time and help in advanced
    Kass
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Call your vet and speak to him/her about it. If the vet feels the pup needs to be brought in for an examination, bring her in. She may have suffered a concussion. But, the only way to know for sure is to speak to the vet.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Head injuries are nothing to mess with. If severe enough, the brain will swell without treatment and kill the puppy. It could be too late now.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2007, 06:13 PM
    You could have prevented this by having your animals neutered and spayed.
    I hope you aren't planning to have another litter of pups, if you are I recommend you visit some local animal shelters and see how many dogs are living without a home, why add more to that?
    Please be kind and respect your pets, spay and neuter you animals and that includes thease pups you have too.

I would love to have a litter of pups, or kitties too, but volunteering and seeing pets that you know being put down because they can't find a home, I could never do that.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 23, 2007, 06:20 PM

Meet Maverick, He's a delightful fellow that was dropped off at the animal shelter in vancouver, because his owners didn't want him, he was from a backyard breeder and is a mix breed, anyway, he lived in the animal shelter for 6 months! With no one wanting to give him a forever home. He attended obiediance classes and was a good dog.
    Maverick is dead now.
    I was unable to find him a home, and he was put to sleep because of it. Do you really want one of your pups to end up like maverick?

I am still greiving over him, I wish I took him in. but there are so many like him and I already have 3 cats and one dog.
    THIS IS SERIOUS!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Jesse brings up a good point. It is possible you did the work it takes to produce quality puppies. Even if you did all the research you should have, you may not have learned what to do in each emergency that could ever happen. When your puppy is hurting, you may not even remember something you read 3 years ago. Your question properly focused on the injured puppy.

Jesse is in the front lines coping with the results of people allowing their cats to multiply well beyond the available homes. We have the same thing in dogs with more people breeding dogs than know what they are doing. This leads to a lot of misery. I fail to see how those that know and love dogs can help but have an anti breeding bias.

Breeding isn't always wrong. I support my friends. I am even dog sitting both their new puppy and its mother tonight. The rest of the litter went to people on the waiting list as long as a year.

And yes, I do hope the puppy will be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting weird [ 2 Answers ]

Help, my cat has recently started acting different. It started the other night. One minute she was fine, and then all of the sudden she kinda "freaked out" and started running around crazy and now she is hiding under covers. She acts like she has fleas or something, but the vet said she does not....

My printer is acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my printer it's the light that says alarm flashes and the screen says check printer. Please someone help me. Oh yeah my printer is a : canon pixma ip621od Also I looked in the manual and it said to turn it off and then on but that still didn't work.

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

Girl acting weird [ 31 Answers ]

I'll just start with some background of myself and her and get into what is happening, that way you have the full story. This girl that I have been dating for 2 1/2 months is 18. She only had 1 other boyfriend other then myself and he ended up using her to go out with her friend. She also...

View more questions Search