Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulubelle07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Our nightmare
    My live in boyfriend and I, both who are young professionals, who have never been in trouble before... have created our own little nightmare and now I need help...

The other night we got into an argument and things got very heated. We slapped each other and the police were called. I was arrested, despite his refusal to press charges and pleas for the police not to take me, and charged with domestic violence.

I was released and told not to have contact with him or go back to our home, however he had been trying to get in touch with me since before I was even released from the detention center. He was contacting me... and I responded to him and have talked to him on multiple occasions since(it's only been 1 day). Neither of us are threat to each other... it was a stupid incident that got out of control... and he has asked me to come back home. The court date isn't for 2 more weeks... and he is refusing to file charges. He was told by the officers that the charges would be dropped if he didn't.

First... is that true? Second, if it is dismissed, will I now have a record?

Well.. he wants me to come home... and I also want to go home. Can I get in trouble for talking with him since he contacted me? What can we do? Please help!!
    rkennedy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
    In some states like Ohio the officer can sign on the victim's behalf even if the victim refuses. It is then up to the prosecutor to keep going with the charges. Most prosecutors will dismiss if both parties agree and they do not see a pattern. If the charges are dropped it will still show on your record but it will list that the charges were dropped. You might be able to get your record sealed if you are concerned about that. As far as going home if there is no protection order then you should be OK. A judge can order no contact however its up to the judge to enforce that. An officer can not enforce a no contact order only the protection orders. If the prosecutor does not want to dismiss the charges see if they are willing to pled them down to a lesser charge like disorderly conduct.
    mysonneil Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

May 17, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubelle07
    my live in boyfriend and I, both who are young professionals, who have never been in trouble before... have created our own little nightmare and now I need help...

The other night we got into an argument and things got very heated. We slapped each other and the police were called. I was arrested, despite his refusal to press charges and pleas for the police not to take me, and charged with domestic violence.

I was released and told not to have contact with him or go back to our home, however he had been trying to get in touch with me since before I was even released from the detention center. He was contacting me...and I responded to him and have talked to him on multiple occasions since(it's only been 1 day). Neither of us are threat to each other...it was a stupid incident that got out of control...and he has asked me to come back home. The court date isn't for 2 more weeks....and he is refusing to file charges. He was told by the officers that the charges would be dropped if he didn't.

First...is that true? Second, if it is dismissed, will I now have a record?

Well..he wants me to come home...and I also want to go home. Can I get in trouble for talking with him since he contacted me? What can we do?? Please help!!!
    Please do not go back yet... stay at a relatives if you can... talk to your elders whom might have been in a bad relationship, like a counselor first, because all bad relationships start with only a simple "little slap" and then escalade, and we don't even know what did hit us... no pun intended. I had too awful marriages that were so wonderful at first, then a small argument, then verbal abuse, then it just kept on and on. I would always say I had to go back to make it better without knowing about life, and it never worked. Talking just made it worse. Yet I hope that you can talk to a counselor with your guy with you, if he cannot do this for you, be assured this man is not for you. It takes two to want to, and a lot of men say they will then don't, and get more angry when you pressure. This is why a third party is best if you really want to make sure you never "get heated up" again. I wish you all the help on this one you can get, it is never easy going it alone because you think you know the other person better... please stay safe for now... the police know why they are keeping you apart for now to cool down Peace
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Billy Dymond, if you are an FBI agent why does it say in your profile:

First Name:
    Billy Last Name:
    Dymond Location:
    Long Island, New York Experience:
    I know a lot about Middle school dating, both about girls and boys, and can give expert advise, I am in high school, and my girlfriend even helps out on her own profile on here to give boys and girls advise with dating in middle school, also since I was in 7th grade, I had always received a 90 or higher on my overall average for math, and I just ended school last week and I received a 98 for the year in algerbra II. Occupation:
    Construction

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A reading nightmare. [ 13 Answers ]

All of my life I have had a problem where reading was never a joy. I'v always had difficulty with reading, spelling and consontration. Now I'm almost 40 and my reading has never really improved since college. I've struggled with this all of my life, -thank god for spell check, which was not...

P-Trap Nightmare [ 2 Answers ]

I refinished a basement bathroom, the plumbing (drains) had already been roughed in by the home builder. I assumed that there was a p-trap already installed. Unfortunately I assumed wrong, they obviously decided to skip this step. There is a strong odor coming from the shower drain. The only way I...

Accounting nightmare [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently takinga home education course, and I am having problems with the accounting module. Is there anyone out there who might be able to provide me with some type of tutoring for manual accounting? Or does anyone know of any good web sites that explain the stuff in plain english? The...

Computer nightmare [ 5 Answers ]

I am an computer illiterate and I need some help. My computer will not let me open my IE or access My computer or My control panel... I have Windows XP. I tried to run Spider exe but nothing changed. Anyone have any thoughts? :confused:

The return of the nightmare! [ 6 Answers ]

!Hi guys, I'm new but with old problems. I got rid of DSO at long last ( ta alicka ) but I am getting heaps of rotten stuff in. I have the XP,s firewalls up, Norton Internet Security/ Anti Virus, Spybot and Adware. I still get Pos Browser hijacking and CoolWeb Search, WebDialer and some pop ups....

View more questions Search