Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
    No pressure from lawn sprinklers
    Hi there. After about 8 months of no use, I decided to turn my lawn sprinkers on today. While a few sprinkler heads are now covered in grass, the heads which do pop have very little water pressure.

It is a well system with a pump. The pump seems to be working fine and I can cycle through zones, but just don't get much water at all. I don't really know anything about irrigation except that I have a pump, a timer, and some valves underground in my yard.

They system used to work fine. I have a hose spicket that is also operates from the well and it appears to have good pressure. Any suggestions?

My valve box in the yard is pretty much a mess, covered in dirt and it has all types of wire splices going on, but I have no idea what they are. Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 20, 2007, 03:45 PM
    The first thing I would do is pull all the sprinkler heads and flush out the branches. Next I would connect every sprinkler head up to a pressure source and check to see that they're clear. Either clean or replace the ones that are clogged. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

No water from sprinklers! [ 5 Answers ]

After the recent hurricanes in Florida, we were without power for a week or so. When we got power back, I noticed a small leak where the pipe that feeds my sprinklers comes out of the top of the pump. I cut the pipe and resealed the threaded piece that was leaking then glued a coupling to reconnect...

View more questions Search