Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karla509 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Good choices needed
    I really did not know where to turn to ask this. I hope you could help me. I have a boyfriend that people was looking for. I decided that I did not want any more trouble. I broke up with him but every one thinks he is still with me. I tried to tell him he is not but they will not listen. He has a truck that I sign the back of the title and gave him the tags are in my name still. Here your suppose to take the tag off they go with the owner not the truck. The people know my truck very well in the town. He is not in the same town. If he gets stopped with my tag does that make me in trouble too? I am not sure what to do? I don't really want to have to take the tag because he is going to need that for now until he figures out what to do with the tag on the truck. But I don't like getting the people looking to get me for something. What could some one do that cares but don't want the people to cause her any trouble??

Help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 06:50 AM
    Hello Karla:

Well, are you going to look out for yourself, or your boyfriend?? If it were me, I'd choose ME!! Get your tags.

excon
    rkennedy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Tell him you are going to cancel the tags and you just want him to know ahead of time. He should be able to get tags in his name or a 30 day temp tag.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 03:35 PM
    The other issue is that you merely signed the back of the title, if he did not take the title to the court house and filed for a new title, the truck is still in your name, and I bet you don't have a reicept that he signed to prove you signed it over. So if he has a wreck and lets say he gets killed, but also hurts others, mayb he runs from the police and damages 10 cars.
    If you can't prove you signed the truck over to him, you can be held responsible so you need proof that you gave him the truck.

So the tags don't really matter a lot, what really matters is did he transfer the title. The plates in year name and title in his, will get him in trouble, not you. But who actually owns the truck according to the state records is what is the most important. So I bet he did not go down and pay for the taxes, and new tags, and it is still registered and titled to you. So if he has trouble you will need a receipt and written proof that you signed it over to him.
    Karla509 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla509
    I really did not know where to turn to ask this. I hope you could help me. I have a boyfriend that people was looking for. I decided that I did not want any more trouble. I broke up with him but every one thinks he is still with me. I tried to tell him he is not but they will not listen. He has a truck that I sign the back of the title and gave him the tags are in my name still. Here your suppose to take the tag off they go with the owner not the truck. The people know my truck very well in the town. He is not in the same town. If he gets stopped with my tag does that make me in trouble too? I am not sure what to do? I don't really want to have to take the tag because he is going to need that for now until he figures out what to do with the tag on the truck. But I don't like getting the people looking to get me for some thing. What could some one do that cares but don't want the people to cause her any trouble???

help!
    Thank you for all your help in this. I did go with him and the truck is now in his name. He still has my tags. I am thinking it should still be OK even thou I am suppose to keep them in my state. I would think it would be more up to the own of the truck to put the right tag on. Hope this works...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career choices [ 4 Answers ]

What Major would you suggest for a person who absolutely LOVES chemistry and biology and most other sciences? Thanks

Power of choices [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the power of choices we make in life?

Choices [ 2 Answers ]

Joe, unfortunately, found himself in Hell after his demise here on earth. Upon his arrival, the Devil greeted him and advised him that he may choose his place of eternity from 3 rooms, behind the 3 doors that were before him. Joe walked up to door #1 and when he got near it the intense heat...

Good notes needed [ 1 Answers ]

Need some good notes on "instantiate and invoke a .NET component."

So Many Choices [ 8 Answers ]

This is a complex part of my life. Can anybody PLEASE tell me about the dark haired man that I know so well and care for so much. He has "problems" in his life, and I have "problems" in my life... very, very different problems. I'm looking for a reading... whatever you seems to get. It could...

View more questions Search