Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devildog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Delta Shower Leaking
    I have a delta shower that is leaking. I tried adjusting the valve, and it seemed to help, but it started leaking again. I did some research and took the shower trim and such apart... I got down to the valve, and not really sure on how to remove it. I am assuming that you just turn it counterclockwise, but don't want to ruin it and have a mess. Can anybody help me figure out how to fix the leak, or remove the valve so that I can replace it. There are some notches on the side of the valve, so not really sure if I twist it or try to pry it with a screw driver or something. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Mike
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Hey Mike,

Here's a typical Delta tub and shower valve, (see image). What you want to get down to are the seats and springs, (#7 in the diagram) and replace them. Before you button up turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies and valve body. Good luck, Tom
    Devildog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Thanks.. I will see what I can do, but the parts don't look the same.. I hope the concept is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta Shower Faucet twists apart [ 1 Answers ]

After a bit of foolishness, I found myself with a 9 year old Delta Shower Faucet Valve body in my hands in two pieces. The cartridge housing was in one hand, and the brass cross was in the other. Three copper tubes were severed. Each copper tube approaching the valve had a union on it relatively...

Leaking shower [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone I've got a problem with my shower. Water has started surging out of the bottom of the shower unit (just behind where the tube connects with the unit). There is a plastic see through tube where the water comes through but I don't know why. Is there an overspill device within the...

Delta handheld shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a Delta shower massage head, and it has about half the water pressure of the old head I replaced. Is there any way to increase the water flow, like some kind of restricter in the hose or head?

Delta Shower Water control [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a new shower installed. It uses Delta rotary control from cold to hot.. Leaving it on HOT does not give burning HOT water.. Is thare some kind of a lock that limits how much hot water is supplied to the shower? My other shower(old) gives burning hot water in the HOT position - this...

Shower leaking (shower drain pipe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I will apologize up front for my lack of knowledge in plumbing... but I know enough that I believe that I can fix this problem without having to add on the expense of calling a plumber. I noticed that there were a lot of ants coming into our bathroom. After laying traps and having no...

View more questions Search