Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Apr 17, 2007, 08:04 AM
    What happened to my IUD to cause me to get PREGNANT
    I have a problem and was wondering if any of you know what happened to me.
    I have had an IUD in for 18 months three months ago I was having problems with it and I thought that it was coming out so I went to the doctor to make sure everything was OK now a couple of days ago I found out I'm PREGNANT and they can't find my IUD in me, what do you think could have happened and will it harm the baby?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 09:18 AM
    well, when it comes to the iuds and pregnancy, there are no "for sure" answers. Your doctors are the best ones to ask about this. If they can't find the iud, I imagine they will try to run a few tests to see if they can find it.(such as an ultrasound perhaps? I doubt they'll do an x-ray, since you are pregnant) it could be that it just came out and you didn't realize it, but I think the chances for that are rather slim. Some women have no problems with an iud still being in while pregnant. Other times it can cause difficulties such as premature birth, etc. But as I said, only your doctors can give you the definites to your questions. Good luck to you hun, and I hope all goes well. Congrats on the pregnancy. Let us know how it goes.
    SSSSS123456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 11:10 AM
    IDK
    SSSSS123456 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 11:10 AM
    That's scary i hope everything goes out good
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSSS123456 View Post
    THATS SCARY I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES OUT GOOD
    Hi SSSSS123456,

Many threads and posts will remain on the site for a number of years. You may want to double check the dates when you are replying, as many times the original question/concern was sorted out quite awhile back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 14 Answers ]

I used a copper IUD for five years after my second son. I had my IUD removed about 2/3 months ago. Had unprotected sex, just using the withdrawal method with no ejaculations. Since the removal of my IUD I became a bit late with my period, late 2-5 days. Now I'm 15 days late with no pregnancy...

Can you get pregnant with an IUD [ 11 Answers ]

Can u get pregnant with an iud? And i kno that an iud blocks the sperm but where do it go when its blocked?:confused:

Pregnant after IUD [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I are wanting to have another baby, but I have an iud in. It is the type where I do not have my menstrual cycle. My question is will I have a period when I have the iud taking out or can I get pregnant right after it is removed.

Pregnant IUD in and Doctors can't find it [ 12 Answers ]

OK so the story is short, I have been on the IUD for 19 months now. A couple of months ago my IUD was giving me problems even making me think I was pregnant so I went to the doctor and they tucked the strings back around to make sure it was in place, well everything was going good for about 3...

Pregnant after IUD removal [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a vasectomy in January of this year and on February 8th I had my IUD removed. I had my period 2 days after the removal and then we had sex the day after my period ended on the 17th w/o protection. On the 23rd and 24th we used a condom, my period should have started March 12th...

View more questions Search