Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmoz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Stoping your period. Healthy?
    Hiya guys,

I finished my pill today but I was wondering if its OK to start my next batch instead of having a week break and having a period, bcos I really can't be bothered to have a period if that makes sense?:confused:
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 04:27 AM
    When I was on the pill the nurse told me that its OK to do that, however do NOT do it very often, after all your body needs to realease it!
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Yeah it's safe but as Krs said don't do it all the time- makes me feel a bit weird when I do it so if you're the same you'll probably not want to anyway. Check in the instructions in the pack - they will probably tell you if you can (just in case yours is different).
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 17, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    When i was on the pill the nurse told me that its ok to do that, however do NOT do it very often, after all your body needs to realease it!

Yes, my nurse told me that as well. :)
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
    There IS a 28 pill prescription out there that will keep you from having your period as long as you are on it. You can look up studies done on the safety issues at National Health Institute or Mayo Clinic. I was on these pills for a number of years because of my endometriosis and 15 years later show no side effects. Research what's available from reputable sources and then ask your Doctor what he/she thinks. Their answer might depend on your age, whether you smoke or not and family history.
    Precious2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoz
    hiya guys,

i finished my pill today but i was wondering if its ok to start my next batch instead of having a week break and having a period, bcos i really can't b bothered to have a period if that makes sence?:confused:
    Hi.. yes you can just carry on through with the pill..
    Ive been on it since I was like 11 and I'm now 23.. but I think if I remember rightly.. some people do come on a little bit anyway even though there carrying it on.. this is because your meant to do it right.. but yea sure hun.. its no prob.. xx
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Yes, it is okay to OCCASIONALLY. I know it's tempting to do all the time... because after all who needs to be bothered by their period? I do it sometimes (when I go on vacation or something) but try not to do it every month like the others said!
    mrsmoz Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
    OK thanks guys!! Going to take them thriugh but I won't do it evry month :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be healthy! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 years old About to turn 16. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I currently weigh between 215-220. For me weight is a big deal. I excersise at a local gym but just can't seem to find a diet that will work for me! I would really like to loose weight in a healthy way. Please...

Is this healthy? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now, and I love him and his family, and I don't know what I'd do without them. But, I think I've fallen out of love with him. The thing is we don't really get along all that much, and we don't share much in common. I like spending time with him, and...

Can a short period still develop into a healthy pregnancy? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Girls... I'm still confused by my 2and 1/2 day period at the beginning of January... I thought it might have been implantation bleeding, but now I think it may have been just wishful thinking and a weird period. But my question is: can that strange short 'different' period still continue into...

Is this healthy? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I, (we're both women) met this other female couple 11 months ago. Because my wife and I were having problems with our relationship, we sought out a therapist. The therapist advised us that this particular friendship may not be healthy for us at the time due to many issues that came...

View more questions Search