Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zulfi63 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:07 PM
    A big nuisance in our society.
    Now a days people, most of them well educated, indulge in sex with other than their legal sex partners. What the people say of this practice. Kindly give your opinion in this regard. Keep it mind that if any of the two legal partners know about such activity by the other partner then he or she will feel cheated. If you agree that such a practice is most insane and inhuman, then what should be done to so that our society get rid of this nuisance.:)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
    I think the practise destroys the relationship. If the other partner knows about it and feels cheated then what they need to do is get a divorce. It is unexeptable behaviour even though it seems like it is happening a lot more now a days.

How to get rid of this nuisance. I hope you do not mind, I am going to go back to bible days. It is kind of barbaric but any body found committing adultery their punishment was to be stoned to death, that is the old testament. In the new testament, we all have sinned so we can not condemn anybody and we need to forgive that person.

The only way to end the behaviour for sure is no second chanches, yes forgiveness eventually but an immediate divorce should happen. THIS OF COURSE IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Joe
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Just remember this is just your opinion there are many others out there who would just look and say whatever.
    You must wonder though what makes them be unfaithful in the first place or want to share there partner there must be something not quite right for it to happen.
    No one is perfect the world would be a very boring place if we were some people just aren't able to be with one person as sad as that sounds its true.
    Although I do believe if you take marriage vows it should be adhered to those words between two people be them said with in a church or registry office or anywhere come to that should not be taken lightly if you choose to be married its for life that partner is your wife/husband for the rest of your time till death do us part.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 17, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Sadly, I don't think we can rid the world of things like this. This is moral issue so it will probably never be regulated by law. The only thing we can do is pick our partners VERY carefully, making sure they feel the same way you do on the subject. I have personally been cheated on in a relationship (I caught my boyfriend in my bathroom with my flat mate at 3am!) but if I'm honest I was not shocked. Devastated but not shocked! I knew in my heart of hearts he could not be trusted (My flat mate on the other hand was a major blow!). Since then I have ended any relationship if there was not 100% trust and now I am planning to marry a wonderful man who I would stake my life on his fidelity, even though we are going through a rough patch.
    I am not sure whether I could forgive an ifidelity in marriage.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I agree in that you won't be able to get rid of this any more than attempts to get rid of the worlds oldest profession have worked. Not saying that makes it right. Just being realistic in the fact some things just are.

Apr 17, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Very true, although that at least is regulated by law, even if it is by no means under control. Though, can I ask, what made you bring this up zulfi?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I think it is a weakness of character in the person that does the cheating. They feel the need to hurt their partner; feel the excitement of doing something they shouldn't; or need to feel important to more than one person.

I have no idea how to stop it since it has been going on since mankind has walked the earth.

Apr 17, 2007, 06:48 AM
    I don't think many people set out to hurt their partner, but I'm sure everyone knows that they will.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 17, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Concentration camps, round them all up and send them to live in South Dakota. And make them concentrate on what they have done.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Concentration camps, round them all up and send them to live in South Dakota. And make them concentrate on what they have done.
    Why would you do that to the people of South Dakota. How about Massachusetts instead.

Apr 17, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Can you imagine the off spring they would produce??
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Probably wicked, evil little adulterers. (wicked is a Mass. Reference)

Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 09:34 AM
    You know... not all people who cheat are chronic cheaters (the once a cheater, always a cheater philosophy).

I once cheated on my then-boyfriend, now-husband.

I had tried every trick in the book to get his attention, and couldn't. He was absorbed in his own thing, and I was lonely, my self-esteem had dropped (when you parade out in new lingerie to get someone's attention, and they say "not now", that's a bit crushing). I am not making excuses, just trying to give you my mindset.

When someone came along that appreciated all of the things my man was taking for granted, it was like a drug. He loved my cooking, adored how I looked, we could talk for hours, etc etc etc. I was so starved for affection at the time, that one thing led to another, and we ended up in bed.

When I confessed, my man was devastated (as he should be!). He was hurt, and angry, and it took a long time for him to trust me again. He did, however, turn his act around. I have never EVER again felt taken for granted, unattractive, boring, or lonely.

Cheating was a wake up call for BOTH of us about our relationship, and what it would take to make it work.

That being said... not ALL relationships are defined by the Christian idea of one man, one woman, forever and ever amen. For some people, it's one man, one man. Or one woman, one woman. Polyamory works quite well for some people (not CHEATING, but POLYAMORY. Look it up if you don't know the difference).

Cheating is defined by the people in the relationship. For some people, going to dinner with a member of the opposite sex is cheating on their partner. For others, it's not cheating until there is sex involved. How can you outlaw something you can't even define?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 11:56 AM
    The cure would most assuredly be worse than the disease. Like many of the other "cures" we have dreamed up to inflict upon ourselves.
    shorterok Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I guess Enlgish rose has an answer for everything

Apr 18, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Of course I do hun, but really its more that I have a lot of time to spend on here as it is the only website I can use at work
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:55 AM
    I have experienced the Once a cheat always a cheat saying. My boyfriend moved in with another woman for 3 months and I had no idea. When I Found out I gave him the benefit of the doubt looing back now what an idiot I was! Then about four months ago I find out he had a one night stand with a girl he used to go to school with and got her pregnant. She kept the baby and I told him where to shove it. Heartbroken ever since though!

Apr 18, 2007, 09:45 AM
    You poor thing, that must be deverstating. You were mad to take him back but I guess you know that now. Not that I blame you of course, we have all fallen victim to some smooth talker at some point in our lives. I'm not convinced that if someone cheats once then they always will, but at the same time I would not get back with someone who cheated on me after I made that mistake before. It hurts more than anything doesn't it hun. If you fancy a whinge feel free to send me a message x
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Apr 22, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Cheating is nothing new. It is just now days people are not afraid to bring it up. Back in the day it was known to keep these things a secrete. How do you stop it? Simple you can't it is in the very fiber that makes us human. Many people do it, I'm willing to bet that half of the people that have commented on this have either cheated or been cheated. If we round up all the cheaters and put them in a separate place the few people left in the world would be lonely. You can select a partner that is less likely to cheat, but some of the best fall into the lifestyle. When you think about it we are being tempted every day by countless stumili. The human body is a beautiful thing, when coupled with a winning attitude it is a very hard thing to walk away from. To close this cheating was here before us and it will be after us. Mistakes will be made, famalies will be crushed, but love is suppose to conqure all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nuisance and destruction [ 1 Answers ]

I really need some advice because I am having quite a problem that is really irritating me. I moved into my apartment in June of last year. When I moved in my next door neighbors came over to introduce themselves. They were really nice and had three children. They have lived here for four years and...

Bootup nuisance message [ 3 Answers ]

1.Installed a new (bigger) hard drive on my XP home computer as the secondary HD. 2. Cloned it from the original C drive. 3. Removed the original drive. 4. re-connected the new drive as primary. Most every thing works OK EXCEPT that on bootup, a command 'window' shows, "Please select the...

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

A big big big problem. [ 1 Answers ]

OK.. this one is weird. When I insert a cd in my cd-rom it reads it but it doesn't updates it. Not this is not a big problem but when I insert a writable cd and click on write these new files to this cd, I get the error that there is no cd in the cd-rom. Then I restart my operating system with the...

Nuisance Neighbours [ 9 Answers ]

When I first moved here in May 2002 I was approached by my neighbour. Rather than welcome me into the neighbourhood she started laying down the law to me about the grass area at the front of the house. I found that to be quite unwelcoming then, as I was still moving in and was not quite settled...

View more questions Search