Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2017, 05:04 PM
    Burned tea kettle
    Fell asleep with tea kettle on electric burner. Kettle has red enamel color and color was transferred onto the burner element when it burned out. I tried to get the color off the burner element but it did not work. I tried to find another on line for my stove top, but the unit is over 25 yrs. old and I can't find the replacement. It's a 6 inch burner element for GE... WITH THE TERMINALS THAT ATTACHED ON ONE SIDE. That is where I have the problem. Everyone carries the plug in style. Does anyone know where I can purchase them?
    The Unit works but with when heated the enamel transfers onto another pot. Please advise. Thanks
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2017, 03:30 AM
    time for a new unit?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 29, 2017, 03:43 AM
    Sounds way older than 25.
    But you say 'stove top' so this is an entire stove? I don't blame you for not wanting to buy a new stove.
    So what about one of these:
    Use a different burner, even if smaller or larger. I live alone, and boil small amounts on a small burner, in a small pot, not a kettle.
    Get a used pot and let enamel transfer to it over and over.
    Buy an electric kettle.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 03:51 AM
    Write or call the manufacturer about replacement part, or see if you can modify your stove to use the near burners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving my dog water from a dirty tea kettle. [ 7 Answers ]

I just realized my dog has been drinking water for a long time from a tea kettle that has a residue on the bottom. What can I do?

What is internal clad kettle? [ 1 Answers ]

What is internal clad kettle?

Black sediment in kettle [ 1 Answers ]

The black bits left behind in my kettle look awful. What are they

Kettle of fish [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: "Well, that's a fine kettle of fish you put me in Georgie" Our prospective Attorney General has been put into a tight spot by our fearless leaders (snicker, snicker). He either has to admit that waterboarding is torture (and thereby cause the CIA, the Defense Department, and Georgie...

Kettle Temperature [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Generally, what temperature does electric kettle water get to? I realise that it's probably slightly different for each kettle, does it ever reach 100 Celsius? Thank You

View more questions Search