Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ulysses Posts: 47, Reputation: 9

Apr 16, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Closure, finally
    Hi, all
    After over a months since her last "Let's see" followed by nothing of a contact from her, I finally decided to make my move. I packed her stuff, and it was sent to her last Sunday. I dropped her a letter today, basically saying I love her but I can't linger on like this, that she can't play my feelings any more, and that she's a wonderful person and wished her happiness.

I got her return mail then. It says "you've sent me everything. if you don't want anything to remind you of me than it's ok. I haven't played with your feelings, sorry you don't understand that. But I have changed. I know (!!!! - my punct) you gonna be alright. everything is for better. And this time alone made me feel much better."

So it's over. I only regret she's leaving with no guilt at all about her playing with me. She is leaving with an idea that what she's done is completely OK. Well, I feel... nothing. Maybe my solitude for the last 4 months made its work. Maybe it has not hit me yet. I don't know.
    I only hope that the warmth of my hands and heart will find their way to another heart who will reciprocate. A bitter ironic feeling. The end of my story.
    OK I'm just venting. Thanks for listening.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 16, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Good for you mate, stay positive, take some time for yourself and then dive back in when you feel ready!

Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 09:56 AM
    It took a lot and I'm glad you made a decision you can live with. Good luck and keep coming back from time to time.
    corrie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:23 AM
    I did the same thing yesterday funnily enough after ending things with a guy 4 motnhs ago also. I rang and told him that I was so angry and hurt by what he did and he was very sorry because he is guilty also. I had to complete this cycle of this event and feel somewhat good but yet down about it as there was no going back. Yes it is a couageous thing to do and good thing in the end. I know what's it's like and I wish you well.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Wow. Thank you for sharing!
    You know, may be you are numb and may be it hasn't hit yet. So, hold on and ride it through. Don't be afraid to feel whatever you are feeling, whether it is sadness, anger, or loss. Just ride them through and feel better.
    I commend your brave decision and actions to give yourself the chance to move on. You are on the right path, buddy. Stay strong and good luck, Ulysses. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closure? Should I do something? Just move on? [ 11 Answers ]

Any answer is good one but please provide some sort of response. I am feeling really lost on this. I am not sure what ever you have to say will get me one step closer to figuring this out. About 4+ years ago I saw this girl that lived across my road. During Most my time I tried to find several...

401K Closure/Cancellation [ 1 Answers ]

I work as a vendor for a large corporation who pays my salary thorough a smaller "outsourced" company. At one point we were offered a matching 401k benefit plan. After about two months, some people in the company (me included) were told that our contract had been re-negotiated and for us, the...

Closure letter [ 7 Answers ]

I was thinking today about the first half of the relationship was very good and how much fun we had... I also remember during that point, she was the one getting me cards and writing me emails and things of that nature. I hardly wrote or gave her anything, and in that sense I think I messed up...

Closure? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi everyone, After being here for a while and reading and offering advice mainly on relationships I often hear the word closure used. I know in essence what it means, but what I want to know is what does it really mean, and does one ever really achieve it? For example when someone comes...

View more questions Search