Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    B1983 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 01:56 AM
    Im booked in next week to have my hair stripped (black) so I can go lighter on top and keep black underneath. My hairdresser has advised me to do it in 2 days as stripping it then colouring it will be damaging to my hair. Bleaching it is worse for the hair. Hope this helps
    SarahR7nns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:03 PM
    You can use an at home stripping kit, like B4 £12 from Chemists and online. These contain no amonia or peroxide so WILL NOT damage your hair, nor will it bleach it or make it go brassy or ginger. Your hair probably WILL however be brassy and ginger after the black/dark colour has been stripped out, this is because the hair dye you used previously contains Hydrodgen peroxide - a lightening agent to help the colour take. The more times you have coloured your hair the lighter it will be when the colour pigment is stripped out. This is why you may well end up with brassy or ginger tones after stripping, it is not the stripper that causes it as it contains no peroxide. Don't panic, it is then really easy to recolour, I would suggest using a shade a little lighter than usual as the stripped hair will grab the colour. :)
    SarahR7nns Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by md2810 View Post
    I colored my hair dark brown with purple highlights and I did it myself. It didn't look bad at all. It was like that for about 2 months. Then I was sick of it and used a box color to color over it all, which was a dark brown. Everywhere that was purple, turned seaweed colored green. It was awful. So I went to the salon, and they colored it a dark dark dark brown but it faded and turned back to green. So I colored it using a dark brown from sallys and it is now black. It has not faded in 4 weeks and I need something done to it. It doesn't even grow fast enough to let it grow out. But I have prom coming up and don't want to damage my hair for the dance. What should I do?!?!
    DON'T Bleach it out or put any more colours on top! Use a hair colour remover or stripper that does not contain any amonia or peroxide. This will remove All the purple, black and green colours. You will probably be left with a light brown, brassy or ginger hair after but this will be easy to re-dye over. :)
    IamSexyAndINoIt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
    I have had black hair for awhile lets see I died it in 7th grade and I am in 9th grade and I am thinking about going back brown and I heard the best thing to do is bleach it if you have long hair you might need a couple bottles and you may have to do it twice to have it completely blonde. JstJessica the bleaching kit isn't that expensive way cheaper then a salon but yeah!!
    And I AM SEXY AND I NO IT HEEHEH
    TaylaGrindzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2013, 01:06 AM
    Right my hair is like a blackish colour,but like when I go out in the sun it looks ginger,how can I get all of the black colout out of my hair??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Black Hair Dye [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a natural redhead. I have been dying my hair black for a very long time. I finally decided that I'd like to be a redhead again. I used the color fix color remover the other night and it didn't do much. My roots are now my natural color, but the rest is just a lighter shade of black. I'd...

Tired of Black Hair Dye [ 16 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for 6 years now. I have been every color of the rainbow, bleached and dyed and chopped all the way off. My natural color is a dirty blonde and when I let that grow I ended up dying it again. The only color I never dyed my hair was black until January 1st 2006. Since then I...

How can I get this black hair dye out of my hair? [ 6 Answers ]

Well I dyed my hair black about a month and a half ago with revlon and last night I dyed it with loreal feria but the color only took at the roots and the rest of my hair is still black. I know its probably because, like everyone says 'black hair dye is hard to get out of your hair' but I...

How to remove black hair dye from hair [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi there I am natalie from the uk and wanted to know if there are any home remedies for removing, or really fading black hair dye from hair, I am naturally red and am about to go on holiday next week to the canaries, and did not want red regrowth, so I am wanting a quick and easy...

How do I get my black hair dye out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had black dye in my hair for about 2 months and I have tried Every thing (or so it seems) please how do I get this mess out?? :confused:

View more questions Search