Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Duno why
    OK so my boyfriend one of his best friends died from a bad car crash and the past few days he hasn't been acting the same and it makes me feel like he is mad at me or something and it makes me feel bad
    Wha t shoulf I do?
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 15, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Wow! His best friend died and you think he is mad at you?!

Cutie, be a little more understanding. I can't even imagine what he is going through. I don't even know what you can possibly say to him. But, whatever it is, let him grieve. Give him this time to just grieve. Don't expect him to be a "boyfriend" right now. Just give him some time and be as supportive as you can. If you see that he's not handling the grief in a healthy way, do your best to get him help. You know, a big part of being in a relationship with someone is learning to compromise and to even be a little selfless sometimes.

So, don't take it personally. Don't feel bad. He must be having a really rough time and not able to be the best boyfriend to you, right now. Just be supportive and patient.

Also, is there more to this than what you posted? Do you feel like he is taking it out on you on purpose, or something? It's a different story if he is being abusive to you or taking out his anger or sadness on you. You don't deserve that. You haven't said much in your post so my reply is only based on what you wrote.
    Lillian42 Posts: 83, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2007, 07:38 PM
    He is most likely just upset about his friend dying and does not know how to express his emotions he is a guy. Let him know that you are there for him if he needs anything but also give him some space to grieve.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 08:10 PM
    The sudden unexpected death of someone close can be like a flash of lightning, illuminating every corner of a person's life and mind for an instant. Some of what is seen in that light is troubling and unforgettable. Give him some time and space to grieve, and don't assume that it's about you. If it is at least partly about you, it'll become clear soon enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search