Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PastorBud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2005, 02:03 PM
    91 Honda Civic Ignition Switch
    I need instructions for replacing a 91 Honda Civic ignition "lock" switch. I have to replace the whole unti not just the tumblers. Thanks.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 9, 2005, 03:27 PM
    Can't help you with that... never done it, never even saw it get done... mine is working fine so I never even bothered to find out how it works :)
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Mar 11, 2005, 04:52 PM
    Buy the switch and take it to a locksmith. They will install it for much less than a Honda dealer. I've had this done. After watching the replacement if I ever needed to have it done again, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the locksmith again.
    PastorBud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2005, 07:21 AM
    Thanks for your help!
    Thanks for your reply and advice. I have an auto tecq. Who will take care of the install. Saved about $200 buying an OEM part from eBay seller. Have a wonderful day.

Bud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

Can't remove key from Honda Civic ignition on cold days [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX sedan. On cold days (below 5C/40F) I cannot remove the key from the ignition after the car has been running. I live in Canada, so this makes for a very frustrating driving experience from November to April. A friend of mine has an Accord of similar vintage, and has...

90 honda ignition problem [ 4 Answers ]

90 honda accord starts but when key released to run position car immediately dies. Any ideas on this one? Thanks JD

View more questions Search