Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhjett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2016, 07:03 AM
    Where do I get a mixing valve with 2 volume controls forget HD and Lowe's
    My plumber asked me to get a mixing valve with 2 volume controls or a 3 function one... no one at Home Depot or Lowe's understands what I'm looking for. I don't want to purchase a shower kit, ie: head and nozzels. Where do I go?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2016, 07:28 AM
    Try a real plumbing supply shop/store. Don't know where you live so can not recommend a supplier. Look in the yellow pages.

Chuck
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 24, 2016, 08:37 AM
    Ask the plumber but I suspect he meant a 2 or 3 handle shower valve. Two handles, one for hot and one for cold with a diverter on the spout or a 3 handle, hot, cold and a diverter valve in the center.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2016, 11:30 AM
    The plumber knows what he needs, but not where to get it? What's wrong with that picture? You and your plumber need a good talk my friend so you know what he is talking about. Can't imagine you just didn't take him to Home Depot with you.

This is what Home Depot has,

Search Results for mixing valve 3 function in one... at The Home Depot

Show it to him and see what he says.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 24, 2016, 04:41 PM
    That is too complicated for Home Depot. Go to a store that caters to professionals. You are not saying where you live - but stores like Ferguson Enterprises or Hirsh Pipe and Supply are all over United States. Google them for location closest to you.

Hope that help

Milo
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2016, 05:44 PM
    I don't know guys. A guy who is lost in HD will be really lost in a supply house. I go back to my original point here, shouldn't the guy who is doing the job know where to find the right parts?

I think this takes a better plan than the one the OP has.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 26, 2016, 05:52 PM
    Jhjett... agree with Talaniman, just ask the plumber to advise here. Otherwise, it sounds like you need a mixing valve AND a 3-port diverter. The mixing valve is the shower valve and the 3- port diverter is a single handle diverter that can be turned to supply water to the shower head only, a hand-held shower only (or other shower head) only, or both of those at the same time. Symmons sells a great 3-port diverter, but it is only available online or at a local plumbing supply store... see image:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  15.7 KB

Back to you...

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 26, 2016, 07:00 PM
    My 2 cents: you should really pick your own valves as you don't want your plumber to make that decision for you. Plumber will get you the least expensive hardware and what ever (s)he likes.

If you go to any larger plumbing supply store, they have sales people who will sit down with you and tell you exactly what you need

Check out Grohe... explore their website .... they have quite a good selection of temp-volume-diverter valves... here is one example ...

Grohe Brushed Nickel Authentic Thermostatic Shower System Multi-Function Shower Head, Hand Shower, Slide Bar & Rough-in Valve Included - FaucetDirect.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water problem - faulty check valve or mixing valve? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have a weird problem with hot water running cold in our apartment. At all of the faucets and taps we only get hot water for a minute or two and have to turn off the faucet/tap for 30 seconds and back on again to get hot water. Then the same thing happens again. To get continuous hot...

Disabling Volume Controls [ 1 Answers ]

I have a PC running Win XP Pro that serves as an audible alarm. The problem is that the wonderfully... umm... smart people that use it keep turning it down.. :-/?? I need to disable all of the software volume controls on it so that they can no longer do this. I have gotten rid of the volume...

Disabling Volume Controls [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC running Win XP Pro that serves as an audible alarm. The problem is that the wonderfully... umm... smart people that use it keep turning it down.. :-/?? I need to disable all of the software volume controls on it so that they can no longer do this. I have gotten rid of the volume...

View more questions Search