Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KateB Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Sleepy Mom
    About 2yrs ago I became a stay-at-home mother of a wonderful little boy. At first I was psyched! No hassles from a boss if I am the boss. Well shortly after I started feeling awfully tired all the time. Not wanting to do anything. Just want to sleep half the day. My eyes are tired all the time as well as my body... and its starting to show with all this weight gain. I think, how can I be tired? I don't do anything. Sometimes I don't want to even leave my house durning the day with the fear of missing my son's naptime so I can ly down. I used to live this wild, crazy sexy lifestyle and I used to look and feel so good about myself. Now Im just too tired emotionally and physically to even care. This is no good for my now 3yr old... and now that he's hit "terrible 3's" so I have become more moody than I ever have. My boyfriend fell in love with a different person than I am now and I hate it. In my heart I know that it takes me to change the way my life is going but mentally and physically I just can't. Sometimes I feel OK on Monday but by Tuesday its back to same old same old. I just don't know what to do. It's like I need someone to kick me in the butt on a daily bases to get moving. Any suggestions? Oh and I can't afford a shrink!
    sammy1983 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KateB
    About 2yrs ago I became a stay-at-home mother of a wonderful little boy. At first I was psyched! No hassles from a boss if I am the boss. Well shortly after I started feeling awfully tired all the time. Not wanting to do anything. Just want to sleep half the day. My eyes are tired all the time as well as my body...and its starting to show with all this weight gain. I think, how can I be tired? I dont do anything. Sometimes I dont want to even leave my house durning the day with the fear of missing my son's naptime so I can ly down. I used to live this wild, crazy sexy lifestyle and I used to look and feel so good about myself. Now Im just too tired emotionally and physically to even care. This is no good for my now 3yr old...and now that he's hit "terrible 3's" so I have become more moody than I ever have. My boyfriend fell in love with a different person than I am now and I hate it. In my heart I know that it takes me to change the way my life is going but mentally and physically I just can't. Sometimes I feel ok on Monday but by Tuesday its back to same old same old. I just dont know what to do. It's like I need someone to kick me in the butt on a daily bases to get moving. Any suggestions? Oh and I can't afford a shrink!
    How about going for a walk everyday? The nice weather is coming take your child to a park? I use to be like this but I go out through the day that wakes me up
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 12, 2007, 07:09 AM
    You just need to get out there and get moving!! I am a stay at home mom and I know exactly what you mean. It is very tiring at times. If you don't do anything then you are going to be very tired and gain weight. What time does your little one wake up in the morning? I wake up about an hour before my 18 month old wakes up and walk on the eliptical (in the garage with the door open) for about 20 to 30 minutes and take a bath or shower and pamper my face with oil of olay regenerest (I love that stuff) and drink lots of water throughout the day. Don't drink cokes, it only makes it worse. Try drinking green tea and add some honey and cinnamon for energy. Water gives you energy. Go outside and play with your little one-he will appreciate the excersise and I it makes them better behaved to spend some quality time. Stick to it and you will eventually not need to sleep when he sleeps. But there is nothing wrong with a little rest to for your mental and physical health as toddlers are quite demanding! You can get your old self back again it just takes a little time and it is so rewarding for yourself and your family. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Sleepy mouse [ 3 Answers ]

My wireless logitch mouse has started to ' fall a sleep'. That is to say if you don't use/move the cursor within ~10 seconds the mouse 'falls a sleep'. To wake it I have to left click... not ideal... any thoughts? I've looked in the Control Panel but nothig seeems to fix me up Thanks...

Sleepy puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a 6 month Bichon Frise, he sleeps ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. He gets up for a couple of hours and is not hyper or anything. Is this normal?

Sleepy hollow [ 1 Answers ]

Who went sleepless because of the headless horseman?

Sleepy Head puppy [ 1 Answers ]

My 12 week Chihuahua puppy is such a sleepy head but a really good boy. He is VERY energetic while he is awake, he eats and plays for about an hour and a half and then he gets really sleepy, jumps on my lap and then passes out for about 2 and a half hours and does it all day long. I was wondering...

View more questions Search