Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starflier5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 05:04 PM
    I married an American.
    I dated my husband for 3 and 1/2 years before marrying him. We have a 2 year old son, and have been married since December 2006. I was born in belgium, immigrated here when I was 3 in 1988. I have lived here ever since, graduated form high school, broken no laws, and speak near perfect english. No one knows or believes me when I tell them I don't have ID or a SS number. I can't work or go to college. They ask "Aren't you just legal for being here so long?" or " ... for graduating here" , or "... for having a kid with an american on american land?" NOPE! I want to do this the right way. What do I do from here? My husband makes very little. Supports myself, our son, and another son (from another woman) on 11 dollars an hour. He makes so little, won't this upset INS? I am confused. HELP! :eek:
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 05:45 PM
    You immigrated here in 1988 and never once took the opportunity to apply for citizenship? That is 19 years already. What stopped you? What have you been living off, since you state you cannot work or go to college? I have a hard time believing it but it is possible I guess.

If you want to make "this right", you need to contact the INS and make an application - you can do that online. Immigration at USCitizenship.info: INS, US Immigration, Citizenship
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
    shygrneyzs= Good answer but you harass her for not applying earlier.
    She's been here for 19 years but she probably lived with her parents until she got married. So I don't find it unbelievable that a 22 yr old has not applied for citizenship yet.
    Lighten up.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iminlove
    shygrneyzs= Good answer but you harass her for not applying earlier.
    She's been here for 19 years but she probably lived with her parents until she got married. So I don't find it unbelievable that a 22 yr old has not applied for citizenship yet.
    Lighten up.
    Boy do I agree with you. Don't be so quick to jump on some one -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Married to Asian can I claim my wife? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American married to a Filipino... We were married May 27, 2006 in the Philippines... She is still in PHi awaiting spousal visa and has never been to USA... All of my income was produced in USA... Can I claim her as a dependent? Thank you for your input

American citizen want's to get married [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an American citizen and my soon to be wife are trying to get married, she was born in Mexico and is not a citizen of the U.S. How do I go about getting married and her becoming a legal U.S. citizen?

View more questions Search