Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Internet connection is flawed
    My computer seems to have started a disliking to the internet, and most related software. I am currently unable to start Frostwire/Limewire as they both believe that I am blocking their connection with a firewall (I have attempted to connect with all system security shut down), Shareaza is not connecting to any network nor is Morpheus, Ventrilo (for thoes who don't know that is a client used to talk over a network) is not connecting to any servers, and to top it all off my Windows Live Messenger is refusing to stay connected for more than 5 minutes. I have tried resetting Winstock settings and making my internet connection a shared one (which I have now reverced) but I cannot seem to fix my problem. Any help would be grateful, thank you.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 23, 2009, 01:05 PM

It not the connection... it's the amount of garbage that your system now has because of the P2P apps you are running.
    P2P (Peer to Peer) networks are mainly used for the trade of illegal software, music, movies, etc.. Its frowned upon here at askmehelpdesk. That being said...

Sounds like you are in store for a complete system wipe and re-install. Back up you files... Boot to you XP/Vista (Operating System CD) and do a complete re-install.

Then... DO NOT RE-INSTALL THOSE APPS. You are just asking for trouble.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 01:20 PM
    When you decide to go the warez/pirate route you decide to accept the dangers that go with that. I would also wipe and reinstall.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Jan 23, 2009, 02:27 PM

When you get it sorted out, make sure your antivirus has live protection, and don't open *anything* without scanning it first, that includes something that runs 'with' another program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning I'm having a problem accessing AOL with my home computer. Each time I log on AOL ask I down load again and restart my computer. I have to do this each time I log on. What can I do ?

How can connect internet with telephonelines? Please show process step by step.

Internet connection [ 6 Answers ]

Please forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology here. I hope you get the point. My question is I was wondering how come my internet works by the symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen that shows your internet connection is showing that it is not connected. The symbol...

Dear group I've a P4 1.7MHz PC with 128Mb RAM, loaded with WinXp OS. My problem is as soon as turning on my computer the IE is loading automatically and made a connection to my default home page, without any permission. What is the problem and how can I solve it? Any help will be thanked

View more questions Search