Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandi011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 01:53 PM
    AC not shutting off outside
    My ac cools the house great but is not turning off outside any ideas what is wrong?
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
    If you turn the cooling switch on the thermostat to the off position, does it stop running or does the room not get cold enough to satisfy the thermostat? If you turn the cooling switch on your thermostat to off and the outside unit sill runs, your contacts in your compressor contactor may be arched closed. Sometimes the coil in the contactor will overheat and expand to a point where it will bind the contactor and not allow the spring loaded contacts to open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It always shutting off... Help! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there this is not really about software, but its about computer hope someone can help me... My prob is my monitor so many times that it always automatically shutting off or should I say blacking out... just like when you turn off your PC but the mine is I didn't shut off my PC but my monitor...

Furnace shutting down [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Amana 80 high efficiency furnace. Recently had to replace the ignitor. Since then the furnace will shut off periodically. I'll reset it, and it seems to works fine, but it will shut off again. Also, is it normal for the ignitor to go through 3 cycles before the furnce kicks in?

Furnace shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Comfortmaker Furnace And It Randomly Shuts Off. I Wake Up In The Middle Of The Night And Its Not Working. It Turns Back On When I Go Down And Turn It Off And On At The Switch. Any Idea Why It Would Do That?

Thermostat not shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell CT87 and the heat only comes on when I put the white wire to yellow connection but then when I do this the heat will not shut off even when room temperature is reached. Is this a wiring issue or is it the thermostat?

Shutting down computer [ 2 Answers ]

Help! When attempting to shut down the computer via the "start" button, after being on the internet, a gray box comes up that says, "Outlook HTML Menu - this program is not responding. It maybe busy, waiting on a response form you, or it may have stopped running." Clicking on "wait, end task,...

View more questions Search