Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnsPop Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2015, 02:46 PM
    Hot water pressure fine, cold pressure, not so much...
    I have this problem with two sinks. One is a single handle fixture, the other two handled. On both, I have very low pressure when I turn on the cold water. The hot water pressure on both fixtures is fine. I'm guessing there's sediment in the line somewhere? Do I just start at the water cut off cleaning everything as I go and blowing the everything out? Thanks!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 20, 2015, 02:57 PM
    Hi JP

Star by making sure the cold water shut off valves are wide open. If that fails to resolve the issue, you could shut the cold water off to the faucets and test the flow from the supply tubes to the faucets (direct tubes to bucket and turn water supply on). If flow is strong and faucets are still weak after reconnecting the supply tube then the issue is up inside the faucet. If the flow is restricted when testing the tubes, I would disassemble the shut off valves and see if the washers have come loose and are blocking flow (use flashlight to inspect interior of shut off valves).

Start there... post back.

Mark
    JohnsPop Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 29, 2015, 07:54 AM
    Thank you Mark, I will check that this week and report back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure in the kitchen, the cold is fine, so is the rest of the house. [ 2 Answers ]

I have low hot water pressure in the kitchen sink the cold pressure is fine and the rest of the house id fine

Shower Water Pressure: Cold=fine; Hot=Nonexistent [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a townhome built in 1989, with the water heater on the third floor and the two bathrooms on the second floor. In the master bath is a tub/shower, where the hot and cold water are controlled by a single knob that you turn all the way to the right to turn off, and the further you turn...

My hot water pressure sucks but my cold works fine [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a 100+ year old house and ever since I moved my hot water pressure just sucks. I tried clearing out the faucets screens and shower head but nothing changed. I don't know what to do and I really don't want to pay for a plumber that "thinks" he might now what's wrong. I tried...

Low Cold Water Pressure in Bathroom Sink, Hot works fine. [ 2 Answers ]

I have read many of the threads regarding low cold water pressure, but haven't yet found one that specifically applies to the bathroom sink. The house was built in the early 1900's, but was renovated in 2005 so it has copper pipes which cant' be much more than 2 or 3 years. The sink has separate...

Lost Hot Water Pressure but Cold Water is fine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We had a flood in our laundry room earlier today when the aquarium I was siphoning into the nearby sink started to siphon onto the floor instead (the hose came out of the sink and was draining water onto the floor). I didn't realize this, and suspected a leaky pipe when I saw the water...

View more questions Search