Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sriraman_sri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Air flow measurement issue
    We are currently measuring air flow by pressure difference. (ie) by creating a ventury in the path of the air to create a pressure difference. The problem that we are facing with this approcah is that if the flow is very less, then we need to create a very small ventury,this creates excessive pressure drops for large flows. So to restate the problem in other words, the ventury created for a small flow is a problem in the case of large flow. So how do we attack this problem. Any suggestions?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Is there no other way you can measure air-flow? e.g. some kind of low-mass turbine or fan?
    I can't think of anything else at the moment, but I will have a think, please feel free to post your own thoughts :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I check air flow between freezer and fresh food side? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5-year old side-by-side Maytag refrigerator, model MSD2756GES. My situation: Freezer side is cold. Compressor runs (it's hot). Condenser fan and evaporator fan run. No frost or snow in the back of the freezer. Coils on freezer side not frosted over. Fresh food side is not cold...

Flow measurement [ 1 Answers ]

We have 500 mm Dia water GRP pipe with 30 C temperature and 1 bar pressure gauge . If we will take 100 mm tapping from the pipe to same level , how can we calculate the flow in the tapping if we assume the end pressure of the tapping is zero bar or atmospheric pressure

No air flow from registers [ 6 Answers ]

I have no airflow from my registers. My compressor is running and my AHU is running. Any idea what the problem could be? I have shut the unit off for now. The problem exists on heat and cool and fan only mode.

Smell from bathroom sink drain and air flow while central forced heat is on [ 1 Answers ]

In the 1st floor slab bathroom, hissing air comes out of the sink drain whenever the central heat comes on. In addition, the air that comes out, of course smelly like sewage. Now, I know I can do the bleach procedure, but what I don't get is why the air is flowing. There is a p trap in place,...

View more questions Search