Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glenn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2015, 08:31 PM
    Electrical Insulation Gel
    I've mounted a generator breaker box on the exterior of my house. The house is on a sound full of brackish water. Corrosion has been a problem around the house (HVAC, wires etc).

Is there a gel, spray or other goo that can be applied to the electrical breakers to form a barrier on the breakers to help inhibit corrosion? Can petroleum jelly work for this?

Thanks,

Glenn
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2015, 04:13 AM
    Many who live at the sea shore will tell you to put anything metal inside. Otherwise fiberglass enclosures are an idea. Medicated Goo to prevent rust? I don't think so...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 28, 2015, 11:12 AM
    Try this CorrosionX for use on electronics "CorrosionX protection can stay in place for months in harsh, outdoor saltwater spray environments or for years on indoor gear."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F&W cream gel with lemon movate gel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm a newbie here. I just started using Fair & White cream gel and Lemon movate gel (Day 2). I plan to mix both gels together and use 2x daily on my face, where it is needed the most. I was recommended to use Tetmosol soap on my face. I am fairly new to this, and really all I want is a...

55H+ cristalline with hot movate gel and neoprosone gel [ 100 Answers ]

I just ordered some 55h+ cristalline glycerin and some hot movate gel and neoprposone gel. I plan to mix all the ingredients together and use on my body 2x daily. On my face, I will use clearqucik gel mixed with the exclusive fair and white whitenizer gel crème and the serum and some black soap on...

How to add insulation to existing catherdral ceiling with no insulation now [ 1 Answers ]

We are removing to popcorn from to ceiling and found that no insulation was ever add. We have two skylights windows and recest lighting also in this ceiling. We stopped everything until we can find out which way to go. What is the best wayto to this. What other information do you need from me....

Classes of electrical insulation [ 2 Answers ]

What are the classes of electrical insulatio , and what is the meaninig of each class ?

New insulation over old atic insulation [ 1 Answers ]

Presently there are three layers of aluminum with air spaces. Can I put bats directly over this insulation and what do I have to be concerned about.

View more questions Search