Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snortypuss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 02:52 PM
    How to prime a centrifugal pump
    Old Sears pump... roughly 1970s... cannot remember which valves to turn off and which to leave on while hooking up hose.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Never had one with valves -- what I do is pull the plug out of the top of the pump -- fill the pump -- put the plug in a few turns -- start pump and let it run till it catches -- at times it might take 2 primes but other than than it works fine -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

How do you prime awater pump? [ 1 Answers ]

I cut off my well pump to make sure that I did not have any leaking toilets over night. Now my well seems to have lost it's prime. The shower water will ryn then completely cut off then come back on in a couple of minutes. Help?

Sprinkler pump is losing its prime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all... my sprinkler pump is losing its prime on a daily basis. I have a newly sodded lawn and need to water daily. Could it be the check valve causing this? The check valve has been rattling lately when the sprinklers are on. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated. THanks.

Centrifugal compressors [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get information about centrifugal compressors, e.g. Functioning, principles and parts

View more questions Search