Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alimarie6789 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Social anxiety sadness what is this
    I am a mom to three boys and a wonderful husband. I have had this feeling for a long time and it was pretty bad today .Today we were traveling to go to visit my husband's family. From the moment I wake up, I feel like tears are going to come and I really can't even figure out what it is that is wrong. That feeling that you get when you are about to cry .This also happens at all social situations when I start talking to someone and we are not talking about anything serious or anything I could be upset about. I do have issues with the people around me. For example, my husband loves his family and wants to move to where his family lives and I haven't done it yet.I don't have the courage because this happens. But , today I am not consciously thinking about that or anything else , just trying to enjoy my Easter and feeling like Im going to cry for pretty much no reason.. Also, I don't really have friends anymore, and that saddens me as I am a caring person and want to make friends. I find that the other moms at school , the conversations are very casual and not enough to ever become friends. Also, the fact that I feel a sadness coming on whenever I talk inhibits me so much. I don't know what this is... I am very sensitive to everyone . I just want to feel if I am going someplace that is a party or with my family , I want to look forward to it. I know in the past , the people closest to me are very unsupportive and seem to be very judgemental. Its possible that no matter if I am thinking about it or not , that hurt comes through. . The thing is is that I can be sitting around and talking and feel this overwhelming sadness for no apparent reason. I know this sounds like depression but I am still interested in things, happy with my kids and husnband, like to enjoy many things... so Im not sure.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 04:52 AM
    You should be seen by your doctor and have him test you for the many levels of depression. This could be something that you only need to be medicated on a temporary basis while working through to a solution to your problem. But, please, do not let it go on like this. While it may only be affecting you now, it can and most likely will go on to affect the rest of your family.

Please seek some help.
    mags1962 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Sounds like the start of panic disorder,I have had it for a few years now,and that's how mine started,is treated with medication and works,want to know more,then please feel free to get in touch,margaret
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 10:38 PM
    I agree with both of the answers above. Have been dealing with anxiety and depression all of my life. It is not something that I can control because it is something that is happening in my brain, chemically.

Anti-depression or anti-anxiety drugs can really help a person. You could be on them for awhile and not have to take them again or for awhile. I was on an anti-depression medication for a number of years (about five) and decided to try not being on them about five years ago.

Since then, I have managed really well and have felt good. But, recent changes in my life have brought on a lot of stress, and I find myself getting uncontrollably depressed and anxious like I was previously.

I will see a physician and get some medication again.

The following concerns what you are doing and how you feel about your life. I hope that it might be of help to you also.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...tml#post373081

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Anxiety. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The...

Sent an email to my girlfriend that had overly dramatic sadness and I'm scared. [ 9 Answers ]

Ok I'm 12 for the people who don't know that already. I got a girlfriend on march 14/07. I don't see her unless were in a turnorment (both in a bb gun program), or practice every Monday. I get frustrated because she never calls or emails unless I've emailed and she is repling. I got in trouble...

Daughers social anxiety and depression [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. My daughter, age 24, is definitely depressed, overwhelmed (has 2 small children and single mom with very low income) She is so socially phobic that she can not seem to get out of her "rut". Has the same job since she was 16, part time, low wages etc. because she is "comfortable" there as...

Really Need Your Insight and Help - Drowning in sadness [ 45 Answers ]

Well, here’s my story and I really need advice. I have seen the advice given on so many post here, and would be so grateful, if you would be so kind to read this and let me know what you think. I am married for 18 years. To a wonderful man. Caring, unselfish and shows concern for any pain or...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search