Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josh88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 12:07 PM
    How do I get her back
    Hi I'm josh and I'm only 19. I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years and recently she has been slowly pushing me away. i.e little or no phone calls, not seeing much of each other. Today she has said we should split for a while as 'the spark has gone' we have left on good terms. I still love her so much but how do I go about winning her back. Its awkward, I don't want 2 text her or phone her but I just need 2 speak to her and try to get her back.

Please help!
    Josh xxx
    where did i go wrong Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Apr 7, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Look, as hard as it may seem, you've just got to give her space...
    You're both still very young, and as hard as it may seem, she just might need to experience life...
    The best thing to do in this situatuation is to go NC...
    If it is truly meant to be she will come back, if not it will prove to be a great learning experience for you... trust me, no matter how much you think you love this girl, if she doesn't want you, you just have to move on and live your life... it will hurt, but eventually it will get easier and you will enjoy being able to meet other girls... just stick to your guns and you will know what to do... listen to the advice you get from this site and you will find an answer...
    I know its hard... trust me I KNOW... but it will get easier...
    Good luck to you my brother
    brew49411 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I feel your pain, but you have to give her space. I am in the same situation. I know you want to call or text her, but she needs to realize what she lost. If its meant to be its meant to be. Trust me man, I wish there was a quick fix! I would have used it already!
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Same situation, don't call or text. Its sure not working for me.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 7, 2007, 01:55 PM
    That is exsactly how I use to break up with the boys, I never had the guts to come out and say it so I would just AVOID as much as I can and hope they will get the hint.
    Sounds like her mind is already made up. Give her space and move on, maybe she'll see you down the road in life and realise what a great guy you are and you to start dating. That's how I met my husband :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
    A hard a pill as it is to swallow you must leave her alone and move ahead with your life. There is nothing else to say to her, as she has been planning this for a while and has had time to accept that she wants to move on. You must do the same.
    BobsDaughter Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Okay, let me get this straight. You've gone with her for 3 years. She says, "The spark is gone." So you're asking us?? Boy, you KNOW her (or you ought to by now!). What is it that sparks her fire? Do THAT and you'll be back together in a heartbeat. If you don't know her well enough... well then, chalk it up to experience. You spent 3 years with a girl that you didn't take the time to get to know. Good luck -- and a little piece of wisdom: Never, ever pass up an opportunity to learn. Even if it makes you look silly.
    LATINS01 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by josh88
    Hi im josh and im only 19. i have been with my girlfriend for 3 years and recently she has been slowly pushing me away. i.e little or no phone calls, not seeing much of eachother. 2day she has said we should split 4 a while as 'the spark has gone' we have left on good terms. i still love her so much but how do i go about winning her back. its awkward, i dont want 2 text her or phone her but i just need 2 speak 2 her and try to get her back.

please help!
    Josh xxx
    My man, your are just 19 years old and I imagine your girlfriend is the same age. Every relationship will experience a lack of intimacy at one point in time in their relationship. The most important thing is to talk to her and understand her feelings. You need to be the first one to strike the conversation. Sit down with her, and hold her hand and make sure you have strong eye contact with her and explain to her that you are concerned about each others feelings in the matter. Just sit down and listen... trust me sometimes us guys try to fix things when they don't in fact need to be fixed. If you try to hard you are simply going to push her away even further. Let her grow and give her space. The problem may not be you, maybe she is just maturing and thinking about her life. Be supportive of her during this time. I know it is hard for you because your emotions and feelings are driving your engine, but if listen to me she will come to and she will think more of you in the long run. She will see you as a good man, and she will miss that and eventually come back to you. But you need to grow too, don't live your life for her, live your life for you. Take this time to learn from this experience. Remember don't try to do too much to soon. GOOD LUCK BRO.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Apr 8, 2007, 03:16 AM
    Ive been in the same situation and I felt like I just wanted to tell her how much I love her and how good it can be and that I want us to be together. Definitely don't tell her any of that or she is gone I'm sure of that mate... You need to give her time, this will be very hard cause you will be wondering what she is doing but do remember she will be wondering what you sre doing that's for sure. Wait till you see her or she contactsyou don't act to keen just be good to her but don't let her walk on you. Im guessing when you first met she really liked you and you were probably pretty cool at scholl but as time has gone on and yourve got closer to her you have probably been a bit wimpy in the last few months and told her ho much you want her. When your with her there is no problem telling her you really like her but do it at the rigt time not all the time and not when she's drifting away. You need to let her contact you and then show her you're the man you are in charge, maybe ask her to go out somewhere but don't act to keen just relax and see where it takes you.
    Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 07:57 AM

Going together from age 16 to 19 is a time of growth and change, where we are wondering what the world is about and where we fit in. High school sweethearts grow apart and grow up and go in different directions. Not a bad thing, but something that happens, been there done that. It is so important at this time in your life that you make good decisions based on facts as to what you want and can get out of life.
    GeorigaBlockRain Posts: 27, Reputation: -3

Apr 8, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Put it On her Like U Have never Put it On her In Your Life... Invite her over... Say babe you forgot something... Eat and Kiss all over dude do it like you've never done before... if that don't work go to Becomeaplayer.com Sure you could find something on there that would help!! There's My Advice Take it Or Leave it!
    josh88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 10:21 AM
    how do i get her back (part 2) lol
    Its been a few days since my first post "how do i get her back." low and behold I finally cracked today and sent her a text, just saying hi how are you etc. Surprisingly I got a text back. We text each other a few times but eventually after about 6 texts there was no reply so I just left it at that.
    So then, what next? Do I just leave it 4 now with the contact or do I strike while the irons still hot. Like I said beforei know I shoud leave her but its just so difficult. How do I go about contacting her next. What should I say or text next time I want to contact her.

Thanks for all your help so far
    Josh x x x
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 12:14 PM
    How about leaving her alone and letting her text you? If you had a happy life without her then you would see clearly that just because she will text you back she may not be ready for a relationship. Don't push.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

Interlocking plate back to back feed [ 2 Answers ]

If I use a interlocking plate to backfeed my main(homelite 200amp)from my generator... from my garage... can I use the braker that is feeding the garage if I put it in the proper place to accommodate the interlocking plate? It's a 220 30 amp braker... so part of the question is... will the...

Back To Back Sinks [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a wall in my basement that will have a vanity sink on one side and a wet bar sink on the other. If I run a hot water line to the vanity sink it is on the cold side of the wet bar sink. I will have the same issue on the cold water side. My question is can I just run one pipe for hot...

Will they come back... [ 79 Answers ]

I want testimonials on the results of break ups. I want to know how many went back and how many didn't. Why and how are appropriate. This is to let all of us people with severely broken hearts know if there is hope and give us the confidence to be confident when they do leave. A lot of...

View more questions Search