Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Apr 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
    How hard would it be for my husband to adopt my son
    My son is six years old and when he was born his biological father was in prison. He has only seen him one time and that was when he was 2 months old. I got married to a wonderful man about three years ago and he would like to adopt my son. My ex got out of prison for about three months and was then put back in prison for another felony. He never made any attempt to make contact with my son but he did try to contact me(not about my son though). I was just wondering how hard would it be to prove that he was unfit so my husband could adopt my son. I don't know if it matters but my ex has been in prison three times the last he is still in prison for now, the charges were attempted murder (running over a police officer) which he got 6 years for, then breaking and entering in the attempt to assult a minor,and the last was a federal weapons charge.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I got married in February of 2006. My son was born in June of 2005. The biological father is not in the picture and I would like to know how my husband can adopt my son. We have been looking into him adopting my son since we got married and we haven't been able to find out any information. The...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 2 Answers ]

I live in louisana with my son, my husband, and my daughter. I am looking into my husband adopting my son. His father and I were never married and have a court order for visitations and child support. He has not seen our son in almost two years or paid child support in almost the same time. I got...

My husband wants to adopt my 3 year old son [ 1 Answers ]

My son's biological father was physically and mentally abusive to me and my son I left him and filed an order of protection against him I haven't seen or made contact with him since, now it has been almost three years and I recently married my husband and he wants to adopt my son is there any way...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son and my husband is not his father,but his real father didn't want anything to do with him so I got sole custody of him ,but now since he didn't pay his child support the courts sent us papers saying we have to go to court for support violation!now his father is playing games ...

How can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I got married in February of 2006. My son was born in June of 2005. The biological father is not in the picture and I would like to know how my husband can adopt my son. We have been looking into him adopting my son since we got married and we haven't been able to find out any information. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.