Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarjon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Losing water pressure in shower/tub
    The water pressure in my master bath is dropping. Not sure what to do to fix it? We went on vacation and it was fine came back and the water pressure was much less. It is fine in the rest of the house. Thanks for your time hope you can help
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Are any valves not fully open?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 5, 2007, 09:19 AM
    "are any valves not fully open?" Since they had good pressure when they left and less when they came back I doubt that it's a partially closed valve.
    Are we talking about both cold and hot? The toilet as well as the lavatory and bath?
    The first thing I would do is shut the water off and open up a faucet. Check the cartridge inlet ports for blockage and then turn the water back on to check the stream and flush out the line. If that clears up the faucet move on to the next one. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure at the shower/tub [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I have a serious problem in one of my bathrooms. The cold water pressure of the shower/tub is fine. But when I turned the knob towards the hot, the pressure drops all of a sudden, too low to take a hot shower. The sink 3 feet away has both excellent hot and cold water pressure. I suspect...

Low water pressure after replacing tub/shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I recently changed my old twin-ell diverter spout tub faucet to a more modern shower head and ejector tee diverter type. I kept the twin-ell part and kept the shower head port plugged on the new faucet. I have very low water pressure now. If I take out the plug in the shower head port the...

Recent Drop in Shower/Tub water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday morning my Wife took a shower with fine water pressure (it is low to begin with and I don't have one of the water saving washers installed) but today when I turned on the show the stream was very weak and slowly got weaker until it is now just dripping out of the head. The bath tub is...

Losing Water Pressure in Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Help - I have a 2 story house w/ basement. I also have well water. Suddenly the water pressure in the master bathroom has gotten very low. We just replaced the shower head and took out the water pressure valve, that didn't help. We turned the shower on w/o the head on and got a good flow of...

Losing pressure in the shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single handle Kohler showerhead that is only about three or four years old. Recently, the pressure has dropped dramatically when the water is turned on. No other faucet in the house is having a problem. It is only that one showerhead. Any ideas?

View more questions Search