Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louise Kear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
    German citizenship
    Hello,

I was born in Germany in 1953 but migrated with my parents to Australia in 1954 and except for about a year in 1960 when we returned to Germany, I have lived in Australia all my life. My mother and all her family are German but my father is from the Sudentenland so may be considered Czech ? I am currently an Australian citizen with a passport. I would like to work in the EU or Germany and want to know if I can get a German passport and what I have to do? Can you help me please? Louise
    JONNY_boy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise Kear
    Hello,

I was born in Germany in 1953 but migrated with my parents to Australia in 1954 and except for about a year in 1960 when we returned to Germany, I have lived in Australia all my life. My mother and all her family are German but my father is from the Sudentenland so may be considered Czech ? I am currently an Australian citizen with a passport. I would like to work in the EU or Germany and want to know if I can get a German passport and what I have to do? Can you help me please? Louise
    Try this website:

Federal Foreign OfficeFrequently Asked Questions: German Citizenship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

How to apply german citizenship after marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I'm south african going to marry my german fiancée. when can I apply for german citizenhip? When can I get a passport? How and where do I do all these things?? Oh dear help`? Janine

Second passport-German [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a Canadian citizen and born in Germany. Can I get a German passport and keep my Canadian passport

German [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Say : Hi, How Are You? In German

View more questions Search