Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denisenln Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Split ends breaking, freezy hair
    Please help
    My daugther is 16 years old, she is mixed black and hispanic, she has curly hair, for the last thee years she has been experimenting what to do with her hair. We used relaxer two times, hair color 2 times. She uses the hot flat iron a lot , because it is the only method that works for a better look. Her hair was long mid back, now seems that every day gets shorter and shorter because it breakes a lot, all the ends look burned wit split ends. She has used good conditioning treatments but do not seems to help.
    What should I do.::confused:
    haylz-p Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Well simply is it a straighening iron? Because if it is... it sounds like she isn't putting a protective layer on her hair... soo because of this... it leave your hair looking very dry and very frizzy like you said. On the other hand who died her hair?. because if it was a hm dye it kills the hair particles... soo if she's wanting to dye her hair agen go to a hair salon.. I noe its expense but its a lot better for your hair as it doesn't take all the natural oil extracts from your hair. I hope this information helps!
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Hmm plses don't don't use these stuff of things it harms your hair just trim them after 5 weeks and use olive oil in your hair massage it every night before sleeping and shampoo it in the moring use baby shampoo you will see the change...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Chemical relaxers can weaken the hair and cause breakage in the long term. If this has occurred to your daughter, the only thing you can do is to use a conditioner to help repair the damage. Try using protein conditioners to strengthen her hair.
    ErsaMolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2011, 09:57 AM
    I agree that Shielo's Volume hairspray is the best to smooth out hair ends. I have fine straight hair that has all over bright blonde highlights and after blowdrying and styling every day, my ends need a little help. When I use the Shielo Hairspray it works amazingly well in smoothing out the ends without making FINE hair look greasy and way to soft to hold a hairstyle. Like any styling product, less is more. Use it sparingly, because a little goes a long way. Can be used on wet or blowdried hair. I tend to use it after I blowdry my hair when my ends look & feel a little dry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Hair Moisturizer For Brittle Breaking Hair? [ 8 Answers ]

My brittle breaking hair may be caused by a health change. Each hair seems about half to one quarter skinnier than before. The hair as a whole does not hold moisture long and I should never put any kind of heat or chemicals on it. I use cream conditioners, but I never wash them out. They act...

OddS and EndS? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello there, people! Haven't seen you all for a while! Well I came back for the following reason.. Remember my last posts about being in a long distance relationship that was getting a little too hard for me and my guy? Well I ended it in September, that's why I didn't post, cause I had NO...

My subtenant wants to stay after the lease term ends [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I rent an apartment in New Jersey. My boyfriend and I have the one-year lease with landlord, and we are subleasing other rooms in the same apartment to two other roommates. The building consists of two apartments, where the landlords' family resides one of the apartment. Our lease...

Thin Ends [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Get My Hair Growing But My Ends Are So Thin What Can I Do?

Ash color on ends [ 1 Answers ]

I got my hair colored last night. The ends of my hair are an ashy color. It doesn't look bad but just not what I wanted. My mother said that with time and washing it should start fading and that it will be OK. She said that there are some shampoos that I could get that will put more golden...

View more questions Search