Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missexpert Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Moving for the first time!
    Finally moving for the first time into my own place , you know its exciting but I'm scared I have until July 20,2007 what are the things that I need to do?Can someone please help because I'm confused. Do I start looking for furniture and appliances or what ?:rolleyes:
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Well are you moving into a house that you bought? Apartment? Usually your appliances will already be there. I wouldn't rush into buying things, that's how you obtain debt. You can always browse Web search and see if anyone is giving away anything free in your area. It all really depends on your budget.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Yes, it would be helpful to tell us house, apartment, furnished or not and what appliances already exist. Homes, old and new, are often fully equipped with appliances too. Things you will probably need/want that don't come with the property are TV, vacuum cleaner, dishes and utensils, bedding and linens. Let us know more info,please.
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Congrates! Its so fun when you move to your own place.
    Depending on your money and how much you can spend on this depends on what to buy and the other people had good points on what are you moving into...
    You are going to need to find out what is paid for gas, electric, water... you need to get accounts for the one you are responsible for. Doesn't take long just need to call them up.

Good luck on your move!
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Apr 3, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missexpert
    Finally moving for the first time into my own place , you know its exciting but I'm scared I have until July 20,2007 what are the things that I need to do?Can someone please help because I'm confused. Do I start looking for furniture and appliances or what ?:rolleyes:
    Most states require that homes or apartmenst have the basic appliances like the stove and fridge. It is not like you need a microwave, or espresso. Having your own place is a big step. My advice is to take is slow get the things that you want. Look for quality instead of quanity. You don't need to decorate the entire house with a bunch of cheap things they you will regret buying after a few weeks. If you are ashamed of having a half empty house don't invite people over that will make you embarrassed. Best wishes and please rate this answer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
    No such requirement for homes, new or used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Smokes fom Time to Time [ 9 Answers ]

This engine apprears to start and run fine. However, from time to time it will smoke like a freight train then clear up and be find. This may occur several times in a two hour period. Any sujections on what may be the cause? Thanks for your Help!

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search